Come Join Us!
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Colliers professionals think differently, share great ideas and offer thoughtful and innovative advice that help clients accelerate their success. Colliers has been ranked among the top 100 global outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals for 12 consecutive years, more than any other real estate services firm.
Colliers International Valuation & Advisory Services is currently seeking a Valuation Services Director to conduct reviews of internal appraisers in addition to completing appraisal reports for external clients.
Location: Houston. TX
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Oversees quality control of internal appraisers/processes while counseling and mentoring individuals within the Mid-West offices.
- Conducts reviews of moderate- to highly-complex real property appraisal assignments for compliance with federal and state regulations as well as reasonableness of value conclusion(s).
- Have working knowledge of USPAP, FIRREA, Interagency guidelines, and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines.
- Observe depreciation, compare to benchmark properties and make adjustments.
- Obtain pertinent resource materials to help establish assessed values.
- Analyzes regional and local area economic profiles including employment, population, household income, and real estate trends as well as identifying emerging development trends for the real estate market.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports findings of regional and local area economic profiles including employment, population, household income, and real estate trends as well as identifying and reporting on emerging development trends for the real estate market.
- Confirms and analyzes legal and physical features of the subject property including the site size, flood plain data, seismic zone, zoning, easements and encumbrances and access and exposure of real property.
- Investigates and gathers data required for determining value. This would include but is not limited to tax and assessment data, market statistics including vacancy, absorption, and other supply/demand factors, comparable data (land sales, lease and sale comparable).
- Investigates, gathers, and reports data required for determining value. This would include but is not limited to tax and assessment data, market statistics including vacancy, absorption, and other supply/demand factors, comparable data (land sales, lease and sale comparable).
- Completes appraisal reports including area descriptions, market analysis, site description and improvement descriptions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- Active Certified General Appraiser license
- MAI designated member or working towards MAI designation preferred
- 7+ years of experience performing equivalent duties as a commercial real estate appraiser
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Argus
- Experience with complex income-producing assignments for
- An established book of business
- Strong work ethic and desire to take their valuation career to the next level
The successful candidate will embody key attributes or characteristics in the following areas:
- Ability to multi-task, managing several projects at once.
- Uncompromised ethics and integrity.
- Additional computer proficiency is required with an ability to research multiple subjects on the internet and manipulate graphics.
- Candidate must be self-starter who is well-organized, self-motivated, efficient, responsible, and dependable. The candidate must also be able to take directions and have adequate interpersonal skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.