Position: Development Miner
Reports To: Project Superintendent
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Project Superintendent the Development Miner safely and efficiently removes previously blasted material (muck out round), scaling (removing any unstable slabs of rock hanging from the roof and sidewalls to protect workers and equipment from damage), installing support or/and reinforcement using shotcrete, drill face rock, load explosives, and blast explosives
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mark up faces in accordance with geological, statutory and survey specification.
- Install all ground support and drill cable bolt hole, incline, decline, drift and mass excavation.
- Install mine services,such as: vent, air and water
- Work without supervision to lead and complete technical activities for the department and ensure accurate and timely completion of activities.
- Perform all other assigned duties, which may change over the course of the project.
Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to DMC.
Demonstrate commitment to the continued improvement of Health, Safety and Environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Underground Common Core 770010 program
Jackleg & Stoper experience required
Minimum of 5 years of experience
Ability to read and understand designed ground support plans
Train the Trainer considered an asset