|Location:||Sudbury, Val Caron, Canada|
|# of openings:||1|
DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North American’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years our comprehensive list of mining services, range from shaft sinking and raise boring, to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for Asset Manager, to join our team, based in our Sudbury office. The Asset Manager will oversee assets that are owned, leased and subleased across the organization. They are responsible for determining the feasibility of asset acquisition and presenting supporting documentation to the operational and/or executive leadership team. The individual may also handle special projects as determined by the operational groups across the organization. Other duties include the implementation, negotiation and monitoring of asset programs. The Asset Manager will support the accounting, proposal and procurement team and will work to increase asset values through identified efficiencies and savings.
The Asset Manager takes accountability for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the role has control and responsibility, including adherence to all company policies and will demonstrate DMC’s core values.
Listed examples include but not limited to:
1. Develops and implements daily and preventive maintenance plans, including:
a. Develop and maintain key indicators of costs and equipment availability;
b. Retirement of assets versus replacement program;
c. Purchase specifications and procurement of new equipment;
d. Determine rental versus purchase action;
e. Develop parameters for internal operating costs against a base metric (ie: cost/ operating hour) to be allocated to field projects and contract proposals;
2. Determine best approach for equipment acquisition options, a) Operating Lease (Rental), b) Outright Purchase, c) Capital Lease (Discount Purchase);
3. Overall responsibility for maximizing the value of assets within the organization;
4. Develop and implement business operational business plans for each asset that will govern its daily operations, position within the organization, and ultimate disposition;
5. Monitor performance of company-wide assets; recommend and implement changes to meet performance objectives;
6. Develop and monitor performance objectives / KPIs for assets across the organization and operational groups;
7. Develop operational strategy for each asset;
8. Prepare reports and perform analysis to proactively identify potential liabilities and identify risk and potential revenue losses.;
9. Prepare annual equipment and assets capital by quarter;
10. Support proposal and procurement team with asset and delivery costing;
11. Schedule and execute site visits and work closely with respective team members to ensure the long-term viability of the assets;
12. Review and update current policies. Implement training and development programs as required.
• University degree or college diploma in related field, or combination of education and relevant experience
• Intermediate understanding of Accounting principles or financial background is required
• Demonstrate abilities in the areas of asset enhancement and financial results.
• Must be able to function in goal-driven, fast-paced environment
• This role requires individuals to be self-regulated and to possess the ability to work independently.
• Proficiency with computers and industry-related software is required.
• 10+ years of previous experience in mining maintenance is an asset
• Progressive supervisory or management experience
• Ability to understand and motivate teams across functions, disciplines and offices to work collaboratively and efficiently
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Travel to site and Vaughan is required
• This role requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions; and site visit typically includes outdoor setting with exposure to various weather elements
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.”
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results