MDRC seeks to expand its Application Development Department with the addition of an Application Development Group (ADG) Manager. This role has an emphasis on software architecture, design, and analysis and also requires a candidate with strong project management and management skills. Software-related functions include architecting and designing multi-tier enterprise use applications; management functions include assigning and monitoring application development projects, developing systems to track progress, and managing daily operations of developers.
- Architects and designs the development of multi-tier applications, enhancements, and complicated software solutions.
- Evolves the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas, as needed.
- Advises and consults with departments regarding the identification of software and infrastructure problem areas, determines procedural changes and/or application program modifications, and assists with problem resolution.
- Writes and modifies existing programs developed either in-house or by software vendors, and documents complex solution programs for application system; debugs programs, develops test data, and verifies output solutions to address user needs.
- Uses knowledge of or familiarizes self with Microsoft business applications (SharePoint, Dynamics CRM) and development tools (SQL Server, C#/VB, Visual Studio, .NET)
- Manages daily operations of programming unit, provides technical expertise to supervised staff, and resolves problems escalated to the manager level.
- Assigns and keeps track of application developments projects.
- Oversees the management of applications developed in-house.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors work plans, goals, and objectives.
- Conducts research and analysis on the development of work plans for software enhancement and solutions to software deficiencies.
- Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- BA/BS or higher in computer science — or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least seven years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivery of software products to market.
- Must have at least three years of management/leadership experience in a software development organization.
- Must have hands-on experience architecting multi-tier applications, preferably with Microsoft suite of tools and technologies.
- Must display a record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader, and/or development manager.
- Must have a strong understanding of SDLCs.
- Must have strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with offshore development team and dispersed team members preferred.
- Experience working on agile project management techniques a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft business applications and application development tools a plus.
Mentoring and some on-the-job training will be provided.
Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
MDRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. MDRC does not discriminate, and all qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race; color; national origin; religion; creed; sex or gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression); sexual orientation; citizenship status; pregnancy; disability; age; military or veteran status; marital or partnership status; genetic information, genetic predisposition, or carrier status; prior unemployment status; consumer credit history; status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offenses, or stalking; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Legal work authorization is required.