GTA is a leading independent provider of high-value engineering, technology and business consulting services to the telecommunications industry. The company is based in Reston, VA and has presence throughout the US and Internationally.
IP/MPLS Network Engineer to deliver services to Client’s customer base. The candidate in this role will be required to work directly with end customers and in a consultative manner with product support teams, regional customer support teams, the R&D organization and systems engineering teams to deliver projects which may include the following responsibilities:
- Lead design discussions with the customer on Client’s behalf and consult with other team architects for design validations.
- Engage in the day-to-day activities of the customer as related to Client’s products and services. Produce and deliver product configuration based on pre-defined network designs.
- Produce detailed Network Migration Services to support our customer's requirements.
- Act as onsite technical prime for IPD products
- Act as onsite technical prime for validating/supporting automated service creations and report generation tools.
- Produce and review design documentation, training documentation, and various customer-facing documents.
- Work closely with customers to test, design, and plan for network deployments and live migrations of customer traffic on IPD equipment.
- Design Service for/upgrade/configure IP/MPLS products (e.g. 7x50 SR/ESS, 7705 SAS, 7210).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical management teams.
- Develop and maintain in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of key Client IPD product lines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in network strategy, design and engineering, implementation, testing, customer training and on-site support.
- Advanced IP/MPLS training/certification (ALU SRA, Cisco CCIE, Juniper Junos)
Additional Position Requirements:
A background investigation and drug test is required.
Global Technology Associates, LLC (GTA) is an EOE M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.