The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with +16,000 employees and 4.087 billion euros revenue in 2015, Imerys transforms a large variety of minerals into high value specialty products for the industry using sophisticated technical processes. Bringing heat resistance, mechanical strength, conductivity, coverage or barrier effect, these specialties add essential features to its customers’ products or manufacturing processes in many industries such as consumer goods, industrial equipment and construction.
LOCATION: Sandersville, GA
Lead development, engineering, and analyze process systems and technology for improving efficiencies on existing systems or new processes by quantifying and communicating process technology to management, production, maintenance and plant personnel.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree: chemical, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering
- Working knowledge of PLC process control systems and instrumentation
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform required designs within the engineering discipline, milling process study/evaluation recommendations for continuous improved process, evaluation and selection of equipment and materials
- Perform and lead plant trials,
- Directly participate in the commissioning of process technologies,
- Implement ideas to improve the profitability of various processing units.
- Identify problems related to routine work & determine solutions within scope of prescribed methodology
- Perform root cause analysis to troubleshoot manufacturing efficiency, quality, or waste issues
- Develop calculations and documentation packages for process design projects according to project standards and company standards.
- Estimating materials, time & cost of projects.
- Lead evaluation & selection of equipment & materials.
- Drive plant productivity using six sigma or lean manufacturing methods along with fundamental Chemical Engineering principles.
- Responsible for preparing financial analyses of each process improvement to determine the impact to the business and the project priority.
- Responsible for working with other engineering disciplines on multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Participate as required on internal or customer process improvement teams.
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of engineering principles, theories, concepts & techniques.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong math and analytical skills are required
- Strong personal computer skills, Microsoft Excel and Access preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Knowledge of mineral processing technology
- Knowledge in mass balance and mineral recovery calculations.
- Strong understanding of process automation.
- Size reduction-crushing and grinding experience a plus
- Project Management experience.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
IMERYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/IWD/PV