This is an ongoing job posting from which we will pull applications when the requirement arises
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform First and Second Level maintenance on aircraft instruments, avionics and electrical systems and components. This will include, but not be limited to, the servicing, inspection, removal, cleaning, repair, installation, adjustment, testing and certification (release) of aircraft instruments, avionics and electrical systems and components and ground support equipment.
- Ramp duties will include, but not be limited to, pre/post flight inspection and support, elementary tasks, marshalling, parking, towing, and fuelling/defueling and installation/removal of required mission equipment and crash and salvage response.
- Review and respond to built-in-test (BITE) results, and resolves all defects/unserviceabilities on avionics systems, including disassembly, replacement and reassembly, and related systems support such as disturbed systems checks and avionics functional checks
- Travel and work in support of mobile repair parties.
- Attend training for trade and personnel development and for qualification/certification purposes.
- Sweep and clean hangar, shop, stores and office areas, remove all debris accumulated by tasks performed and maintain a clean, safe work area.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and directives established by the Company.
- Perform other tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies, with continual focus on individual safety and the safety of others, and fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Must meet one of the following eligibility streams: a graduate of recognized aircraft maintenance or apprenticeship program, hold a current Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) “E” licence, be qualified as an Avionics Technician with the Royal Canadian Air Force, or be a graduate of an equivalent foreign military/civilian basic trade-training program.
- Should be aircraft type qualified on CT114 Tutor aircraft systems and preferably with at least 6 months hands-on experience in the last 24 months on type (CT114), or will be expected to progress and meet TAM requirements for re-current or initial aircraft type training (Module study and OJT task experience logbook).
- MRA qualified, or have the ability to achieve such qualifications in short notice.
- Basic to detail knowledge of aircraft avionics systems including but not limited to communications, navigational, radar, data management, instrument and electrical power distribution systems. Capable of reading and interpreting technical documentation such as maintenance manuals, work packages, drawings, blueprints and Standard Plant Procedures. Ability to use standard computer programs and such specialized ones as may be necessary in the performances of the duties. Ability to drive vehicles and tow tractors.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. IMP Group Ltd. has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotian’s and Other Racially Visible People, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.