To provide engineering support for the cost effective maintenance, repair and modification of aircraft, and other related engineering tasks.
Key Areas of Responsibility: .
- Provide supervision, technical guidance and leadership to more junior staff and non-technical personnel, as directed.
- Liaise with the customer, IMP senior management and the various company departments as required to ensure airworthiness, cost effectiveness and compliance with contractual requirements.
- Analyze aircraft and component deficiencies and make recommendations for rectifications.
- Represent the company at technical meetings with the customers, the aircraft manufacturer or other agencies as required.
- Prepare proposals for work to be carried out in the section.
- Provide technical advice to customers as requested and required.
- Where assigned overall responsibility for particular projects, shall exercise control over scheduling, progress, material and costing directly controlled by Engineering.
- Prepare engineering reports, flight and ground test planes and studies.
- Complete technical investigations, services and engineering support activities as required and requested by the customer.
- Complete aeronautical/mechanical engineering design for refit/modification/repair/rework/prototype installations.
- Complete stress/structural analyses and prepare weight and balance reports.
- Participate as a team member on major projects, which may be based in other sections/departments within the division.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B. Eng or B. SC (Eng) in Aeronautical/Mechanical/ Civil Engineering
- 4 - 10 years experience in an engineering environment preferably dealing with aircraft structures and mechanical systems.
- Recent (within 2 yrs) applicable relevant experience is desirable.
- Eligibility for membership in ENS is desired.
- Good knowledge of aircraft structures and mechanical systems and their relevant analytical methods and tools is required.
- Good writing and communication skills are required.
- Good leadership and guidance skills are desired.
- Good project management skills are desired.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization, and outside agencies.
- Must possess good self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.