To perform the activities related to airworthiness certification, development and improvement of IMP internal airworthiness procedures and process manuals, and implementation of the military and civilian airworthiness program in IMP Aerospace Engineering.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and maintain a set of engineering airworthiness procedures and process manuals, compatible with procedures and policies of the branches and departments (primarily Engineering, QA and Production).
- Ensure the conduct of design change certification, airworthiness risk management and other airworthiness related activities performed within IMP Aerospace Engineering is in accordance with approved procedures directly or through periodic audits.
- Liaise with military (TAA and TAA staff) and civilian regulator (TC, FAA) related to the purpose of the job.
- Prepare or provide input to statements of work, response for proposals and project estimates.
- Provide input, guidance and interpretation to the Engineering managers and engineering personnel on IMP internal airworthiness procedures, regulatory requirements and related military and civilian airworthiness technical documents.
- Provide technical guidance to personnel within the airworthiness department.
- Investigate and identify areas of revenue potential that can be exploited using the skills and resources of the airworthiness department.
- Participate in engineering special projects such as organizational accreditation, personnel authorization, and design change certification.
- Prepare technical reports and memorandum for external customers.
- Assist in preparation of the engineering technical airworthiness-training package.
- Assist the head of the airworthiness department with internal airworthiness audits of accredited organizations.
- Prepare certification plans, compliance programs and establish basis of certification for civilian and military modifications.
- Evaluate compliance data adequacy against applicable airworthiness requirements.
- B.Eng. or B.Sc. (Eng.) in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer is desirable.
- Knowledge of military and civilian airworthiness regulations, engineering principles, project co-ordination and military aircraft modification processes essential.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Leadership skills and abilities.
- 7 or more years of progressive experience and responsibility in an engineering environment.
- Good communication skills, assertive and confident
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.