1) Develop and coordinate the implementation of performance improvements for repair and overhaul processes and procedures on Aerospace aircraft programs
2) Drive implementation of improving manufacturing quality, productivity, and cost using continuous improvement tools & techniques
3) To interact with all levels of the organization in a project focused approach to link initiatives with business critical objectives using Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Review existing facilities, equipment, policies, and procedures for potential productivity improvements.
- Use standard Industrial Engineering tools and best practices such as lean manufacturing, 5-S, plant layouts, value stream mapping, time studies, statistical data analysis, JIT, Kaizen events, etc. to analyze existing process and suggest improvements.
- Perform data analysis to support problem identification or savings estimates and measuring improvement success.
- Perform cost benefit analysis and ROI calculations to support expenditures required for improvement initiatives.
- Software implementation to achieve process improvement.
- Prepare for and lead team meetings to utilize the team approach to solving problems.
- Coordinate all activities on implementing approved changes.
- Provide project management on larger projects.
- Prepare documentation including AD/SPP changes, work instructions, training materials to support any procedure changes to be implemented to support improvement activities.
- Perform training to educate employees of changes.
- Develop measurements to quantify success of implemented improvements.
- Prepare reports or presentations to document achievements and the status of ongoing activities for weekly status meeting or management updates.
- Develop management reporting including KPIs for the purpose of giving visibility to management to areas of action to improve process.
- Develop schedules and resource plans.
- Prepare monthly accomplishment reports
- Perform other duties as required.
- Professional Industrial Engineer or Industrial Technician with applicable work experience in industry
- Professional Engineering membership with APENS, or eligible for membership
- Training and experience in process improvement techniques such as lean manufacturing, 5-S, plant layout, value stream mapping, time studies, statistical data analysis, JIT, Six Sigma, Project Management, Kaizen events is preferred.
- Strong leadership, strategic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience in facilitating/leading Kaizen events.
- Prior exposure to ISO and unionized environments and work experience in Lean Manufacturing/Lean Enterprise environment.
- Project management skills including the ability to develop detailed project plans, gain consensus within the team, lead projects to completion, and conduct post-implementation results.
- Entry level or experience in a responsible position for at least 2 years in the application of Industrial Engineering techniques and/or programming noted above.
- Working knowledge of leading continuous improvement activities with a minimum of two successful projects led using industrial engineering, six sigma or lean methods.
- Proven track record to implement change and enhance a team-based culture.
- Ability to provide strong and effective analytical and communication skills and work well with all levels of workers and management.
- Clear and concise writing ability.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Exceptional continuous improvement skills including the ability to assess situations, identify root causes, develop solutions and strategies to improve and control are required.
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office Products, such as: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access and Project
- Adobe workspace and reports/Oracle
- JD Edwards / ERP Systems
- Exposure to a variety of computer systems
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.