Accessible Lift Technician / Mechanic – CAT Certified / Class A or B License - Maritimes
Harding Medical, a division of CAN-med Healthcare, takes pride in delivering superior service and support, providing customers with improved mobility and independence. CAN-med Healthcare is a Canadian-owned value added distributor of medical surgical, dental, mobility and home health care products and services, serving healthcare providers within Atlantic Canada.
We are now looking for a full-time Accessible Lift Technician / Mechanic to join our team. The successful candidate will serve clients and customers throughout the Maritimes and will be responsible for the installation and repair of commercial and residential elevating products. You will help provide equipment and solutions to people with physical challenges so they may conquer the challenges of everyday life whether its wheelchairs, elevators, scooters or aids for daily living.
• Main responsibilities are the repair and installation of elevators and lifting devices
• Adjust, calibrate, align and modify circuitry and components to meet specifications
• Discuss equipment problems with operator to determine the nature of the malfunction
• Test electronic components and circuits to locate defects
• Replace defective components and adjust mechanical parts
• Maintain accurate and detailed records of service work performed
• Manage company assets effectively including parts inventory, tools, test equipment and business expenditures per company policy/ procedure. Ensure safe working practices are adhered to
• Attend training classes whether held on customer site, in house or at any other location determined by supervisor and/or management. Actively participate in personal upgrading to maintain certification
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management
• Must be willing to travel during installation or repair throughout the Maritimes
• Overtime will be required from time to time
• CAT Certified / Class A or B License
• Clean Driver’s abstract is essential, strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must be comfortable working in confined spaces, as well as completing jobs in residential homes and nursing homes
• 2-3 years of related experience in repair of elevators, handicap lifts and Patient ceiling lifts
Please apply online, including salary expectations, by November 9, 2017.
IMP Group International Inc. is focused on global, sustainable growth, with 3,500 experienced people delivering service, quality and value to customers across diverse sectors such as aerospace, aviation, healthcare, information technology, hospitality and property development.