The Boston office of MARC USA is hiring a Manager of Data Strategy and Acquisition to be a part of a fast-growing business unit.
Consumer data is a critical component in today’s marketing efforts that, when done right, delivers a competitive advantage to our clients. This Data Strategy and Acquisition role is a foundational role, that will support all our digital service teams and help our clients enhance the understanding of their current addressable databases. We are looking for a data expert that can leveraging their knowledge of the rapidly evolving data marketplace, and apply the innovative use of data to drive unique and valuable insights. This person will identify, plan and negotiate partnerships with data suppliers that help our clients maintain their competitive edge. This is an important, highly visible cross matrix team leadership opportunity that calls for best candidate combining data knowledge, analytical & critical thinking, business acumen and art of cross functional leadership.
- Demonstrated understanding of the marketing industry’s data landscape, key players and emerging trends.
- Ability to plan and manage data as a strategic asset
- Expert on how data is collected via different channels and how the captured data can be augmented to provide richer insight and communications
- Ability to Identify complex data problems and design and implement solutions
- Create and maintain documentation of data source processes and business rules
- Experience in assessing, troubleshooting and resolving data integrity issues
- Ability to identify and connect data to multiple stakeholder groups such as research,
- Continuously develop and enhance the understanding of existing data and source systems as well as new technologies, tools and methods that bring data to bear on our client’s efforts
- Creates, implements and manages data governance standards
- Ensures appropriate delivery of data and that vendors are meeting data quality standards
- Help our clients manage their 3rd party data agreements
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or hands on experience in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience working with, selecting, configuring data solutions
- A combination of 5-7 years’ experience in marketing, as well as at least one of the following:
- Marketing or Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Architect, Measurement Analyst, Technical integration specialist or other technically focused, hands-on position
- Ability to work across various teams and rally support from groups that have differing agendas
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Experience identifying, selecting and managing vendor relationships and performance
- Experience developing and providing presentations to clients
- Experience developing functional and business requirements
- The ideal person for this position will have a passion for all things marketing data, and curiosity for how to apply them to business outcomes
- Data mapping and ETL tools a plus