The Boston office of MARC USA is hiring a Manager of Marketing Technology to be a part of a fast-growing business unit.
Marketing technology is a strategic advantage when done right, so this role is a critical component that helps align the benefits of the marketing technology stack to our client’s business and marketing goals. In this role, this marketing technologist will apply their understanding of the various categories, elements and solutions, that help our clients perform and drive a return on their technology investments. The ideal candidate will have a wide, and deep, knowledge across media, experience and analytics technologies, with an ability to articulate their value to V-Level and C-Level executives. This means they will work with account and strategy teams to evangelize and educate team members, as well as recognize, recommend, and architect solutions that solve their clients’ marketing challenges. In addition to identifying solutions, the marketing technologist will also play a leading role in helping to scope, define, and lead/guide implementations. They will play a critical role in making sure recommendations are correctly implemented and will frequently liaison with client technology stakeholders to ensure successful launch and implementation of solutions. This person has to be a creative self-starter who is naturally curious and passionate about how technology is opening up the possibilities for marketers and positively impacting businesses.
- Understand and have an expert grasp on the marketing technology landscape and how it impacts marketing performance, operational effectiveness, and consumer insights
- Help design and implement a fully integrated marketing stack to drive engagements while having an ability to deliver closed-loop reporting
- Understand best practice marketing processes and align technology solutions to optimize those processes for clients
- Help lead, build, configure, and support core system integrations all while satisfying privacy, security and legal requirements
- Work with account or strategy teams to help identify, select and RFP the right vendors for a solution.
- Lead proof of concept efforts to quickly test and validate the usefulness of software solutions to marketing initiatives
- Work with clients and account teams to develop broader marketing technology roadmaps in response to existing marketing challenges
- Collaborate with digital strategists to enhance client’s current technology investments, overhaul them or establish new foundations with these technologies
- Work closely with analytics to ensure that platforms meet reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or hands on experience in a related field
- A combination of 7+ years’ experience in marketing, as well as at least one of the following:
- Marketing or Business Analyst, Web or Application Developer, Information Technology, Technical Product Manager, or other technically focused, hands-on position
- 5+ years’ experience working with, selecting, configuring, or implementing the following types of marketing technology platforms:
- CRM, MAP, CDP, ESP
- SMS and Mobile push notifications
- Coupon distribution and redemption
- Paid media solutions DSP, DMP’s, Trade Desks, Onboarding Solutions etc.
- Tag management as well as Web, mobile, and media analytics
- Ability to work across various teams and rally support from groups that have differing agendas
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Experience identifying, selecting and managing vendor relationships and performance
- Experience developing and providing presentations to clients
- Experience developing functional and business requirements
- The ideal person for this position will have a passion for all things marketing technology, a curiosity for how they are interconnected, and a need to understand how they work