At MARC USA, everything we do starts with uncovering radical insights that incite powerful reactions. Our Pittsburgh office is looking an exceptional individual to not only lead, but to help transform our digital development team.
As the Lead Developer, this position will manage the tools, people, and processes of the group to ensure that MARC can leverage technology to provide amazing experiences and marketing solutions on behalf of our clients.
We are looking for a “maker” mentality, a technical leader who gets excited about mentoring and leading developers as well as solving varied and complex technical problems. The Lead Developer is expected to set the tone and standards for how the group executes and manages development, and is responsible for constantly evolving and maturing the development capabilities of the group. In addition to setting the group’s tone and direction, this position is also responsible for translating technology challenges and opportunities for non-technical stakeholders.
- At least 10 years of experience in a digital agency or web development environment leading a development team or complex multi-developer projects
- Advanced knowledge of website and web application development
- Proven expertise in integrating an enterprise CMS features into enterprise website UI design, CMS APIs, including customizations utilizing Microsoft .NET
- Experience in creating reusable features within a CMS enterprise environment
- Experience in the management and operational support of an enterprise CMS in various development, staging and production website environments. This includes configuration and patch management of an enterprise CMS.
- Proven experience in the integration of 3rd party solutions and APIs into a development environment (CMS and/or custom) for a responsive web environment.
- System expert, capable of answering business questions and pursuing / following-up with answers when they cannot be initially provided.
- Experience working with project manager to evaluate business requirements to provide possible solutions and accurate estimates for development efforts
- Ability to own deliverables from beginning to end with little direct supervision
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills in order to perform assigned tasks
- Develop, coordinate, and evolve quality assurance (testing) procedures to ensure error-free work product
- Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring, and leading other developers
- Creation of enterprise level CMS websites on platforms such as Kentico and Ektron.
- Data architecture and taxonomy definition
- WordPress theme and plug-in development
- Server Side Development: PHP & MySQL, .NET & SQL Server, Shell scripting
- Server and system administration: Linux, SSH, Apache
- Experience in ADA compliance
- Version control and source code management
- Various API integration
- Various open-source and Adobe digital media editors and management tools, including Photoshop and Sketch
- Various open-source and Microsoft development tools
- Visual Studio .NET using Microsoft .NET framework
- Microsoft SQL Server, XML, XSL, web services
- Various 3rd party APIs and solutions.
- GA/GTM tagging implementation
Nice to Have
- Mobile development (IOS, Android, location based services, etc.)
- Martech experience
- IoT Technologies (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Beacons, etc)
- Audio/Voice UI (Echo, Google Home)
- Experience supporting Experiential Marketing technologies (facial and voice recognition)