MARC USA is a national, full-service advertising and integrated marketing agency. Our Pittsburgh office is looking for a Senior UX Designer. The Senior UX Designer is a research minded digital experience pro with proven experience in all areas of the user-centered design process and a passion for data-driven design plus a zeal for understanding user needs. In our team environment, this role will work closely with strategists, designers, developers, account leads, creatives and clients from the point of problem discovery to solution execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the user experience through personas, customer journey maps, user flows, IA diagrams, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Perform user testing and research to optimize the experience for targeted audiences through rapid iteration
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, both providing and receiving thoughtful, constructive, data-driven feedback.
- Effectively communicate design decisions to peers, account teams and clients.
- Understand business goals and to advance client’s strategy through design
- Monitor evolving design trends and best practices
- Contribute to thought leadership on design.
- Create, document and evangelize design standards and principles.
- Applies a strong understanding of primary and secondary research and data to deliver personas, usability studies, data analysis and other UX/CX deliverables.
- Measures impact of decisions on user behavior and outcomes
- Adheres to agreed-upon delivery schedule coordinated with project management
- Participates in new business development as requested
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help with projects beyond your core job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience, Computer Science, HCI, Information Architecture or a related field.
- 5+ years experience designing small to large-scale applications for web and mobile.
- Understanding of user interface design patterns and user-centered design methodologies
- Expert knowledge of the necessary software: eg: Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision plus additional prototyping software.
- Highly conceptual and proven ability to deliver a digital brand experience.
- High level of understanding around current UX and CX best practices.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean design sense.