What we are looking for –
We are looking for a talented manager to support Directors on certain Family Office client service teams and, in time, lead an increasing number of client relationships, as well as manage most day-to-day aspects of client engagements. The position requires self-starters who take responsibility for their work, are team players who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate the ability to set priorities among a variety of tasks and an occasionally heavy volume of work.
You will –
- Manage most day-to-day aspects of client engagements as a member of a client service team.
- Develop, document and implement a client’s overall integrated wealth plan with the other departments of Family Office Services including Investment Advisory, Investment Operations, Tax Services, Strategic Planning, and Expense Management.
- Coordinate bringing proactive planning opportunities to clients that enhance their overall plan with the other departments within Family Office Services.
- Perform high level reviews of the risk management posture of clients and supervise work with outside vendors to develop and implement insurance programs (life, property and casualty, health, long term care and disability).
- Supervise and co-ordinate the preparation of meeting materials, including agendas, planning analyses, and investment materials. Prepare summary emails following client meetings, clarifying understandings and outlining steps for implementation.
- Draft summary emails following client meetings, clarifying understandings and outlining steps for implementation.
- Manage meeting follow up, including coordination of internal and external (e.g., CPA, estate planner, insurance agent) resources; responsible for making sure everything gets done.
- Initiate and respond to emails and phone calls (to/from clients and their other advisors) in a thorough and timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in business development efforts, including building referral network and actively participating in prospect meetings.
You must have –
- Sophisticated understanding of estate planning techniques, executive compensation, income taxation, company-granted stock compensation, deferred compensation techniques, and retirement planning.
- Supervise the preparation of meeting materials, including agendas, planning analyses, and investment materials. Prepare summary emails following client meetings, clarifying understandings and outlining steps for implementation.
We want –
- CPA with tax compliance and tax planning experience with Ultra High New Worth Individuals
- Certified Financial Planner designation. If not currently held, the successful candidate must be willing to pursue this designation after commencing employment.
- Bachelor's degree required. Prefer Accounting, Finance, Law, Economics and/or significant experience in a related field. Graduate degree, EA and / or CPA designation highly desirable.
We offer –
- Collaborative fun environment
- Commuter benefit up to $265 monthly
- Generous 401(k) match
- Individual and cash profit sharing bonuses
- Generous company contribution to medical benefits
- Summer 'Give Back to the Community' outings
- Catered weekly lunch and healthy snacks
- Paid Firm Retreats
We are –
ASPIRIANT THE leading independent wealth management firm.
We recognize, respect and value the contributions of each employee, and we strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between our professional and personal lives.
Our core values guide us to seek out a broad range of perspectives, talent, and backgrounds to achieve our mission; one where all staff contribute to and share our success. Aspiriant is committed to diversity, and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Applicants should go to www.aspiriant.com , select the ‘careers’ link in the footer and search for open positions in Los Angeles. From there attach a resume for consideration.
Aspiriant is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is in compliance with San Francisco’s “Fair Chance Ordinance” (FCO).
Aspiriant is a Registered Investment Adviser, subject to SEC regulation, and requires all employees (and at times, family members) to disclose securities holding and transactions. There are also restrictions on trading certain securities. Candidates are encouraged to request further information regarding these policies