Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
Director, Global Category Management, a senior leadership role with mandate to build and lead a team of sourcing professionals. Develop and deploy the overall ATS supplier strategy, to deliver enterprise wide business results in accordance with global procurement objectives. Organize and support the sourcing team to lead the selection and management of suppliers within specified categories or commodity groups. Manage internal and external stakeholders to support the team and objectives.
- Responsible for the overall strategy and relationship with vendors.
- Owns the overall global ATS spend and is responsible to manage category expenditure across the business to achieve savings in line with business objectives.
- Devise & implement multiple category acquisition strategies and build the infrastructure to sustain long-term performance.
- Coach and develop the team of category managers to achieve consistent performance using standard processes and tools.
- Working with Corporate Quality, establish and maintain criteria to evaluate vendors to ascertain their ability to meet company requirements, goals and objectives.
- Negotiate framework agreements with suppliers which may include pricing, credit terms, discounts, and other general and commercial terms, applicable across multiple projects.
- Perform on-going review of product, service, equipment and expense usage to identify new opportunities for cost savings.
- Be the escalation point for all new difficult and unusual issues that may arise, ensuring that ownership and accountability are clearly established and communicated.
- Drive the consistent use of historical and other benchmarking data to ensure competitive pricing.
- Build consistent processes to select vendors based on technical, quality and business considerations.
- Adhere to all ISO procedures and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
A degree in Engineering or equivalent discipline along with Master of Business Administration. Lean/six sigma certified.
- Minimum of ten years in a leadership role with extensive sourcing, supply chain, engineering or project management experience in a custom manufacturing environment.
- Proven capability to develop and apply sourcing strategies to drive long term business improvement.
- Proven negotiation and commercial capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence.
- Ability to interact in a multi-disciplinary team environment and at all organizational levels.
Why join ATS?
- Employer matched RRSP contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Eligibility
- Comprehensive benefits (including health, dental, employee assistance program)
- Active Employee Social Club with trips & events throughout the year
- Health & Wellness Program (including In-Chair Massage and Health Clinics)
- WorkPerks program for product & service discounts (including gym membership discount)
- Daily subsidized breakfast & lunch onsite and free gourmet beverages
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
ATS Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.