Calypso Technology seeks a highly motivated and innovative Software Engineer to our Platform team. As a member of the Platform team, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of frameworks and tools for the Calypso Platform. The Calypso system is a large scale software product for the capital markets supporting trading, risk management, and processing of various financial products such as Interest Rate, Equity and Credit Derivatives.
- Maintain and develop as per specifications, current server side processes responsible for workflow, persistence, messaging, validation, caching, grid computing and business logic.
- Ensure availability, scalability and robustness of solution using clustering, data grids, failover and other HA solutions.
- Contribute to the R&D, development and testing of the next generation product developed on top of industry standard technologies.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and test time-critical hot-fixes for multi-threaded concurrency issues in an n-tiered architecture.
- Analyze defects and coordinate development of fixes.
- Minimum 3 years of post-academic experience in commercial software including Java, Swing, JDBC, RMI, J2EE, XML
- 1-2 years of development experience on a multi-threaded, client-server application
- 1-2 year of experience with Java persistence or ORM implementations, including SQL, JDBC, ORM solutions such as EJB 3.0, JAVA Persistence API, Hibernate
- Experience working with different transport protocols such as JMS, JERI, RMI, SOAP, or REST
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills.
- Knowledge of relational databases, including RDBMS setup and tuning experience (Oracle / Sybase).
- Query language abstraction such as SQL, EJBQL, HQL, XQuery.
- API Experience with JAAS, JNDI, JSSE, JMX, JTA, JMS.
- Experience with caching frameworks such as Tangosol, JCache, Java Spaces, Gemfire and others is desirable and plus.
- Unix and scripting experience desirable.
- Experience with software tools such as Eclipse, Gradle, YourKit and SVN
- Experience with application servers like JBOSS is required.
Calypso’s Rewarding Careers
Since our founding in 1997, Calypso has been the leader of innovation in capital markets technology. To continue our track record of growth we need the best talent from across the globe and offer outstanding opportunities to join a uniquely innovative, highly successful company that straddles the worlds of technology and finance. With 20
offices worldwide, market leading products and a customer base of the world’s top banks, asset managers, hedge funds and insurers our team thrives on stimulating challenges and global opportunities.
Your Calypso Career
We are growing our team by recruiting and hiring the best talent in the market - those who desire to take the initiative, are self-directed learners and have the desire solve our customers’ problems to drive our growth. Also, we
identify, train and develop future leaders to ensure we have the capabilities to scale the business and to provide career development to our team members. At Calypso, you will have an active role in a business that makes a difference in the capital markets every day. Regardless of your role, your work will be closely tied to our customers’ success and will have an impact on their
mission critical systems.
If you have the drive, a winning attitude and a desire to make a difference then we invite you to apply today.
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Calypso only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid executed Non-Exclusive Master Staffing Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Calypso employees, or send to any Calypso location. Calypso is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.