Senior System Engineer – Integrated System Architecture
|Location:||Annapolis Junction, Maryland|
|# of Openings:||1|
Imagine a system of distributed world-wide computing resources. Some information is time sensitive. Other information is not. Some of these resources provide high priority information that affect national security. Others provide fragments of information that need to be pieced together by multiple systems to provide the same or greater value. How do you mitigate risk when one or more high priority resources go down? How do you optimize computing resources to get maximum throughput on known high priority resources? How do you determine which computing resources provide valuable fragments to solve some of the more difficult problems? How is that information related? If given enough information, can these computing resources learn how to self-optimize? If so, how can self-optimization be accomplished without further draining the available resources? If these questions interest you, then you may be interested in a career at PROTEUS in system monitoring and advanced command and control. These are not simple problems; they require the best and brightest engineers to solve.
PROTEUS is a leading-edge software and systems company based in Annapolis Junction, MD. We are aggressively hiring exceptional software engineers to join our growing team. We address critical security issues by advancing a current software infrastructure and framework. In this role you install, configure and maintain a virtualized environment using tools such as VMware. You will used a wide spectrum of skills including scripting, system backup, integration, interface control and system optimization.
We are looking for people who:
· Play well with other engineers
· Enjoy finding a different perspective on a new problem
· Want to live on the bleeding edge of technology
· Know how to be cool with Groovy
· Name their pets Drools and Apache
· Never underestimate the power of what works
· Care about the quality of their code more than anyone they know
· Implement algorithms rather than write application programs
What We Offer:
· B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
· TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
· Unrelenting drive to devise solutions, contribute to the team and learn along the way.
· Outstanding collaboration and communication skills.
· 10+ years of professional experience in a technical role
o 5+ years of experience as a System Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution, and evaluation
· Understanding of requirement elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices
· Understanding of requirement engineering practice, as it pertains to the software development lifecycle
· Experience quickly producing results
· Working experience with requirements management tools
· Experience with MS Office products, including MS Project
Come Join Us at PROTEUS Technologies and collaborate with a team committed to solving the Intelligence Community's toughest problems.
PROTEUS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/D/V
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results