The ROI Vice President-Account Manager role is a senior, strategic position with a focus on building and serving our Fortune 1000 accounts. In this role, you’ll contribute to the success of several major accounts, providing account and project oversight, communication strategy and fresh thinking to our communication consulting engagements.
At ROI, our Vice President-Account Manager oversees all aspects of our client account relationships, including: building and developing account teams, scoping project work and budgets, providing strategic consulting and problem-solving, serving as editor-in-chief for work product, ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget and on the mark.
As an Account Manager with ROI, you will have the opportunity to partner with the head of Accounts and head of Sales to create business development plans with new and current accounts – and driving the success of ROI by fostering and expanding client relationships.
If you love building and managing teams, driving cutting-edge communication strategy and programming, and fostering deep client partnership to build a long-term business relationships, this role is for you!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate would be offered opportunities to demonstrate the following skills on a day-to-day basis.
- Have a deep point of view on IC best practices and a proven ability to successfully advise and influence clients about IC trends and opportunities
- Ability to serve as a sounding board for high-level stakeholders and C-level executives
- Demonstrate deep, high level of strategic thinking across multiple topic areas
- Strong point of view and ability to develop strategic work product and IP in change management, employee engagement, communications strategy, internal communications, human resources, or company transformations
- Develop and execute complex communication strategies and plans based on industry best practices and research
- Understand and integrate formal change management principles in communication strategy deliverables
- Broad understanding of the global business environment
- Integrate metrics/measurement into all programming and strategies and the impact on internal communications and employee engagement
- Ability to serve as key ROI interface with assigned clients and/or escalation point for client issues
- Interact comfortably with high-level stakeholders and C-level executives; exhibit political savviness
- Ability to read, translate and/or adapt to client needs in the moment
- Collaborate with clients regarding communication needs and objectives
- Proactively anticipate, understand and respond to client requirements
- Manage all aspects of client relationship and ensure all team ROI deliverables exceed client expectations
- Solicit and respond to client feedback on work or style issues in a manner that supports ROI’s Client Experience strategies; respond to feedback with maturity
- Own and develop account business development plans with current accounts; support other business development needs with potential clients; act as subject matter expert in key areas
- Ensure best resourcing model to support client requirements
- Act as positive role model for ROI culture, values and behaviors and ROI’s Client Experience approach
- Act as line manager for team members; partner with team members of all levels on their development
- Support ROI leadership team in driving key business strategies and priorities
- Understand and drive to the financial goals of ROI and be conscious of the impact of all finance measures on ROI’s business success including financial forecasting, bookings, project scoping and engagement management items
- Listening Skills: Exceptional listening skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to manage in ambiguity
- Open to Opportunities: Open to development opportunities, taking on new roles and challenges
- Professionalism: Highly professional, high degree of creativity and innovation with strong business acumen
- Collaborative, Can-do Style: Possess a collaborative work style and a consistent can-do attitude
- Positive Energy: Bring positive energy and enthusiasm to the work
- Handling Conflict with Grace: Proven success in managing difficult situations; ability to handle conflict with grace and speed
- Strong Communication Skills: Strong presentation, verbal, writing and proofreading skills
- Strong Storytelling Skills: Strong storytelling skills; ability to present ideas in simple, compelling manner
- Skilled Relationship Builder: Build strong client relationships; show up as the expert and work independently with minimal direction
- Client Oriented: Client focused and service oriented
- Quality Writing: Apply appropriate writing standards and terminology, and follow client branding standards in all communications
- Positive Role Model: Act as positive role model for ROI culture, values and behaviors and ROI’s Client Experience approach
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) required
Master's Degree preferred; field of study: Communications or Marketing
10+ years of relevant experience in change management, employee engagement, communications strategy, internal communications, human resources, or company transformations. Demonstrates advanced writing, editing and presentation-development skills; project management skills; and consultative client management and consulting skills in the above areas
7+ years of independent or agency consulting experience for a broad range (size, industry) of clients with a strong track record of leading profitable consulting engagements that have advanced client business goals
5+ years of team member management, with the professionalism and savviness to manage geographically dispersed, multi-level team
5+ years presenting and selling new business
5+ year of budget and financial management for complicated accounts/large budgets
Proficient in standard business technology platform, such as Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
ABOUT ROI COMMUNICATION
We help companies bring their best to the world through the power of communication. We strengthen communication within organizations - enabling and inspiring employees to collaborate better, contribute more and become stronger advocates of their business, culture, and brand.
ROI Communication is the largest independent consulting firm focused exclusively on employee communication and engagement.
Sound exciting? Visit our website - www.roico.com - to learn more about how you could be a part of our amazing team! Be sure to connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn too.