Evergreen Treatment Services, a private nonprofit that has been in operation since 1973, has earned a local, regional and national reputation for excellence in the services we provide. ETS operates four federally accredited opioid treatment programs for adults with opioid use disorders across western Washington, and a street-based, outreach and case management program for homeless adults with chemical dependency in downtown Seattle.
The Dispensary Nurse position is responsible for the safe and efficient dispensing of doses of methadone to clients, consistent with the clinic procedures. The nature of this position is fast-paced in high-stress situations and conditions.
Job Functions (May Include):
- Dispense appropriate methadone doses, in accordance with clinic procedures.
- Record all doses dispensed and account for all methadone used during a Dispensary shift.
- Accurately record patient details in the electronic medical records system.
- Organize and monitor the activities of the Dispensary Technician as requested by the Lead Dispensary Technician or Dispensary Manager.
- Attend such meetings as directed by the Dispensary Manager(s) and report to the Medical Director as required.
- Monitor charts for dose discrepancies and take corrective action when needed.
- Participate in Team meetings and provide such data as needed by the Team for inclusion of medical treatment plan.
- Monitor tuberculosis testing for all patients and assigned units, including making outside referrals when appropriate.
Nurses at ETS must be graduates of an accredited school of nursing and have a current Washington State Nurses License. The nurse must be an RN or LPN with a medications license. Coursework in the behavioral sciences is desired, however previous experience with drug abuse treatment is not required.
Experience in the behavioral sciences is desired, however previous experience with drug abuse treatment is not required.
- Computer literate, with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and electronic medical records systems, as well as a high level of initiative in keeping current with technological change(s).
- Ability to prioritize workload and activities, and follow through on assigned tasks to assure completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and switch between tasks quickly.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Dependable, able to work under pressure, receptive to change, willing to learn, cooperative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and outside contacts from a wide variety of ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds; good diplomatic skills; including strong conflict-resolution skills.
- Flexible team player; cooperative and uses excellent judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and analytical skills.
- Good basic clerical skills including typing, ability to proof own work, good grammar and spelling.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to read and interpret general business correspondence, policies and procedures, referral information, financial documentation, and applicable government regulations.
- Ability to write business letters, uncomplicated reports, instructions, and procedures.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from patients, staff, referral sources, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply business arithmetic skills accurately and rapidly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may be limited. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram format.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram format.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, and kneel; occasionally to climb balance, or stoop; rarely to crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color, and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Computer, photocopier, fax machine, phone, and dispensary equipment.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Evergreen Treatment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.