ETS is offering a signing bonus of up to $10K for this position!
Program Nurse Care Manager provides skilled nursing services to opioid dependent patients and their significant support systems. Ongoing assessment, intake/admission, evaluation, triage, teaching, medication induction and stabilizations, and monitoring of patients in opioid treatment program. Collaborates with OBOT team members and outside referral sites, works with providers from ETS Opioid Treatment Program, other addiction and mental health settings and primary care providers in assisting patients and supporting their referral needs.
Job Functions Include:
- Initial assessment and intake obtaining social, medical, mental health, substance abuse and medication history.
- Review intake assessment with nurse manager and establish appropriate plan of care for patient.
- Revise patient plan of care with the OBOT team as needed to address patient needs and issues.
- Collaboration, communication, and meetings with OBOT team as needed and required.
- Collaboration, communication, and meetings with ETS Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) team as needed and required.
- Review consents and treatment contracts with patients and significant others, obtaining signatures and giving patient a copy and leaving a hard copy in patient paper chart.
- Ongoing management of patients receiving OBOT program treatment medications.
- Education and assessment of patients looking to access opioid treatment programs.
- Linkage to other addiction services as needed.Assist patients with access to ETS OTP intake process as needed.
- Assessment of signs and symptoms of opioid withdrawal using the COW (Clinical Opioid Withdrawal) scale.
- Assessment and monitoring of patients in the induction, stabilization, and maintenance phases of treatment.
- Ongoing education and support of patients in all phases of treatment including; nursing visits scheduled and random, urine toxicology screens, routine labs and as needed, medication teaching, monitoring, pill counts, observed dosing, and medication refills.
- Follow State and Federal guidelines in providing care to opioid dependent patients in collaboration with licensed, prescribing physicians and pharmacies.
- Complete appropriate documentation with excellent record keeping.
- Collects pertinent data using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Prioritizes data according to the patient’s immediate conditions and needs.
- Involves the patient, significant others and appropriate health care providers in the collection of data when appropriate.
- Consistently uses clear concise and effective written/oral communication and complies with departmental policies when sharing/documenting relevant patient care data.
- Provides follow up care in person and via telephone when needed.
- Works with the pharmacy and the OBOT team in obtaining medication orders, prescriptions, refills, and communication as needed.
Position requires license to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the State of Washington. Certification in related specialty areas is preferred.
- Leadership experience with the ability to work autonomously
- Minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience preferred
- Addiction experience required
- Experience in HIV/AIDS related medical/social issues
- Knowledge of community and health resources, particularly addiction-related resources and supports
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with providers and team members from various settings
- Sensitivity to ethnic, cultural, gender; beliefs, and behaviors
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with excellent communication skills, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to read and interpret general business correspondence, policies and procedures, referral information, financial documentation, and applicable government regulations.
- Ability to write business letters, uncomplicated reports, instructions, and procedures.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from patients, staff, referral sources, and the general public.
- Bilingual is preferred.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply business arithmetic skills accurately and rapidly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may be limited. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram format.
- Basic math skills.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, use tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, frequently required to stand, walk, and kneel, occasionally to climb, balance, or stoop; rarely to crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color, and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Computer, photocopier, fax machine, phone, and medical and dispensary equipment.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Evergreen Treatment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.