The purpose of this role is to ensure the successful administration of dispensary activities including urinalysis for ETS patients as well as assisting the dispensary nurses and staff as necessary with administrative and clinical duties.
Job Functions (May Include)
- Collect urine samples from patients
- Prepare samples for the lab, including labeling bottles
- Accurately track lab reports and report urinalysis results to clinic counselors and medical providers
- Assist the dispensary in its tasks as needed
- Restock dispensary related paperwork and supplies
- Faxes to hospital / jail
- File UA results
- Generate positive lists using Microsoft Excel
- Writing reports
- Assist other staff in preventing loitering and acting as a presence to deter destructive and/or criminal behavior by patients and visitors
- Help with dispensary clean-up at the end of dosing hours
- Communicate effective with clients and staff
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- CNA certification preferred but not required.
Experience in the behavioral sciences is desired, however previous experience with drug abuse treatment is not required. Orientation and training is provided upon employment. One year in a clinical or lab environment preferred.
- Washington State CNA certification required
- Computer literate, 10-key typing, basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and electronic medical records systems, as well as a high level of initiative in keeping current with technological change.
- Ability to prioritize workload and activities, and follow through on assigned tasks to assure completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and switch between tasks quickly.
- Ability to alphabetize and file paperwork accurately is required.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Dependable, able to work under pressure, receptive to change, willing to learn, cooperative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and outside contacts from a wide variety of ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds; good diplomatic skills; including strong conflict-resolution skills (ex. directing patients to their counselors).
- Flexible team player, cooperative, and uses excellent judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, and analytical skills.
- Good basic clerical skills including typing, ability to proof own work, good grammar and spelling.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to read and interpret general business correspondence, policies, and procedures, referral information, financial documentation, and applicable government regulations.
- Ability to write business letters, uncomplicated reports, instructions and procedures.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from patients, staff, referral sources, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply business arithmetic skills accurately and rapidly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may be limited. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram format.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram format.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, and kneel; occasionally to climb, balance, or stoop; rarely to crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color, and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Computer, photocopier, fax machine, phone, and dispensary equipment.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Evergreen Treatment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.