This position serves as the lead within the workgroup, training, assigning and monitoring work. Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software for REACH clinic during operating hours. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solutions. As REACH Help Desk, you will have leadership roles in the department such as sending communications to staff about IT items, coordinating the Help Desk efforts, escalating tickets up for advanced help, writing standardized procedures, writing SQL reports in response to report specifications, inventory management, and orienting new employees on the information technology resources of the organization.
Job Functions (May Include)
- Provide technical support to all staff at REACH during all times of operations in conjunction with the IT Manager.
- Orient all new REACH employees to technical resources including: Imaging new computers, logging onto computers and email, assuring connection to printers, configuring phones to access email, training on Outlook, Rightfax, the scanner, shared folder Z: drive, adding to the REACH All mailing list. Conduct the technical New Employee Orientations in coordination with the Director of Human Resources.
- Ordering new hardware such as monitors, PCs, keyboards, cell phones, printers and printer supplies from our managed print vendor with the approval of the IT Manager.
- Provide quality service by acting with integrity, communicating truthfully about capability of fixing problems and/or exploring further and responding back in a timely way.
- Be the “gatekeeper” for incoming IT tickets in HelpSpot software, either completing or escalating upwards for advanced technical assistance. Keep tickets to a minimum. Close out all completed tickets to keep the queue clean.
- Be the spokesperson for the IT Help Desk team. Send official communications to all REACH staff from the IT Department.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, phone systems, cell phones, software, and hardware. Respond to queries either in person, over the phone, or remotely.
- Create ad hoc queries and run reports in client electronic record (AGENCY).
- Data Entry into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Report queries in HMIS for various REACH contracts/programs.
- Assist with data transmission to King County’s BHRD data system.
- Access and assist with updating excel spreadsheet of REACH clients who are incarcerated
- Provide staff training on various databases and applications
- Provide updates and maintenance to the REACH webpage.
- Provide SharePoint training to new users.
- Maintain REACH portion of Sharepoint intranet site for REACH forms and files.
- Provide updates and maintenance to social media pages such as Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter and other media services as defined.
- Setup and configure video conferencing system for meetings ( ZOOM or Skype)
- Document all IT procedures, systems, schedules, methods on the IT folder.
- Maintain hardware inventory in ITAM inventory system.
- Train computer users. Send communications to staff on training items.
- Participate in outfitting mobile van team (laptops/tablets) and outreach team(tablets)
- Work with various team requests (LEAD particularly) as they grow, try to determine how best to outfit them.
- Working with supervisors to determine best approach for staff with tech needs
- Find efficient, standardized methods for staff to utilize IT systems.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Install, modify, repair and perform regular maintenance on computer hardware and software. Clean computers (i.e. remove dust, clean case, etc.).
- Install Network attached printers.
- Work with IT manager to ensure all IT renewals are completed.
- Setup and configure video conferencing system for meetings.
- After hours Help Desk coordination.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Associates Degree or equivalent is desired.
2+ years recent experience using SQL, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, SCCM and computer repair / maintenance.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, and procedures. Working knowledge of common user computer software (Microsoft suite) to include file management.
- Ability to prioritize workload and activities and follow through on assigned tasks in order to assure completion in a timely manner.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Dependable, able to work under pressure; receptive to change, willingness to learn.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and outside contacts from a wide variety of ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds; good diplomatic skills; including strong conflict-resolution skills.
- Flexible team player, cooperative and uses excellent judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and analytical skills.
- Good basic clerical skills including typing, ability to proof own work, good grammar and spelling.
- Possession of a valid Washington State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to read and interpret general business correspondence, policies and procedures, referral information, financial documentation and applicable government regulations.
- Ability to write business letters, uncomplicated reports, instructions and procedures.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from patients, staff, referral sources and the general public.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning Ability
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply business arithmetic skills accurately and rapidly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may be limited. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or diagram format.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or diagram format.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk and kneel; occasionally to climb balance, or stoop; rarely to crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Computer, tablet, photocopier, fax machine, and phone/iphone.