Purpose / Objective
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for selling Group Rooms and Catering to optimize revenue opportunities for the property and attain yearly budgets. The ideal candidate is an experienced Sales Professional that is highly driven, passionate and professional that puts their clients success as their top priority.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sell to achieve your pre-determined Sales goal for both rooms and catering on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Complete activities including, but not limited to, telemarketing, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, and preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts, developing of guest room rates, collecting and reporting sales data and managing the departmental budget.
- Direct maintenance of sales files, accounts and additional administrative duties.
- Participate in meetings, as needed.
- Utilizing Sales resources and systems to include Knowland, Hoovers, Jigsaw, etc.
- Determine, develop and execute action plans against existing and new target accounts to achieve and exceed sales revenue expectations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, community organizations and professional associations to maintain visibility and market share. Continually targets and prospects new business through individual creativity and innovation.
- Create and Implement sales strategies to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Analyze competition, market trends and customer needs to continually assess the productivity against established goals.
- Strategically evaluate and determine the revenue potential of clients compared to the established goals of the hotel to ensure profitability. Develop a sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel.
- Manage account details so all pertinent aspect of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- As the primary contact for customers, notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Plan and execute sales trips, sales calls, and site visits. Travel locally to conduct outside calls and promote the hotel. Also, travel to attend trade shows, conferences and industry meetings.
- Perform other duties assigned to meet business needs.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- Associate’s degree - preferred
- Hospitality or related industry experience - required
- Previous sales experience – required
- Valid Driver’s License – required
- Knowledgeable of Top-Accounts for the Hotel - preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk and crouch
- Push, pull, and lift up to 40lbs without assistance
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel
- See, hear and communicate in the English language
- The majority of time will be spent indoors
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Overtime is frequently required with or without notice.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands