Objective / Purpose / Summary:
This position is primarily responsible for providing HR assistance to the HR management team and administering policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- May assist in sourcing applications/prescreens.
- Assists HR team in conducting new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Creates all new hire folders and maintains all HR, medical, personal workers compensation files.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance, 401(k).
- Maintains HR systems by entering Personnel Actions, Terminations, Promotions, Pay rate changes and monitoring performance review status.
- Lead and maintain all E-verify reports and conduct I9 audits.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs and refers inquiries requiring decisions to the HR Managers.
- May assist with accident investigations, and serves on the Safety Committee.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation for the HR Manager.
- Prepares and transmits payroll on a bi-weekly basis. Monitors missed-punches, and ensures accuracy of Web Pay and Web Time data.
- Plan and execute employee events and other projects as needed.
- Maintains employee files and keeping filing up to date.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Assists with the coordination of training materials.
- Maintains employee bulletin boards.
- Is responsible for sorting and distributing incoming mail for the HR Department.
- Will perform additional duties as assigned.
There are no Supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications (Confirmable Formal Education, Certifications, Work/Industry Experience)
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in similar size organizations is preferred.
KSA’s (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to be discovered via interview & reference checks).
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Professional demeanor and outgoing personality with the ability to relate to diverse Grand Performers and guests.
- Computer savvy (MS Office suite, Human Resources systems, Internet software, payroll systems).
- General knowledge of accounting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend and crouch.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- The incumbent is required to hear and speak.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- The majority of time will be spent sitting behind a desk assisting Grand Performers.
- Candidate must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- This position frequently interacts in person, email, phone, cell phone and Skype.
- The majority of time will be spent indoors.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.