Human Resources Manager
|Location:||JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District - Savannah, Georgia|
|# of Openings:||1|
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Human Resources Manager position is to align the property Human Resource objectives with hotel and company strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success. The incumbent is responsible for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management, and development at all levels and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives in the most efficient manner. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the property in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
· Partners with Area VP of HR to ensure that property Human Resource strategies are in alignment with the overall company strategic HR framework
· Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan
· Prepares personnel forecast to project employment needs
· Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
· Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law
· Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs
· Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization
· Studies legislation and other publications to assess industry trends
· Partner with the Payroll Department to process payroll for assigned property
· Implements and sustains Human Resource initiatives at the property
· Develops staffing strategy in collaboration with the hiring manager and Recruitment Manager; manages the hiring process
· Coordinates the Human Capital Review process at the hotel and leads succession planning at the property level
· Creates development plans in collaboration with an individual’s manager and assists with follow-up
· Ensures managers are properly documenting performance, including progressive discipline and performance reviews
· Champions communication throughout the property
· Executes and follows up on the Grand Performer Engagement Survey
· Keeps current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments
· Conducts investigations when complaints and concerns are expressed by Grand Performers or are observed by Human Resources
· Manages Unemployment Claims, prepares for and attends Unemployment Hearings
· All other duties as assigned, planned or unplanned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
· Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
· Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
· Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
· Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
· Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer system and HR related application knowledge and skills
· Ability to work with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives
· Ability to successfully surface opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
· HR Specialist
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
ü 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
ü Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
ü Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
ü Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
ü Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
ü Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
ü Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
ü Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
ü Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
ü Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
ü Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
ü Prepared and punctual for all meetings
ü Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
ü Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
ü Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
ü Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
ü Improve professional competency and property/location performance
ü Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
ü Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
ü Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
1. Area VP of Human Resources
2. VP of Operations
4. HR Manager
5. Training Manager
6. Recruitment Manager
7. Sr. Vice President of Human Resources
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
2. 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
3. Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
· Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
· Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
· Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
· Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
· While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results