The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks an Administrative & Project Monitoring Coordinator I to provide logistical and administrative support to Research Fellows on project activities and administrative support on the conduct of work in the Division. This is a full-time, one-year, non-exempt, renewable appointment based at IFPRI’s Washington, D.C. office.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists preparation of project/program budgets. File and monitor project budgets, including collaborator and donor-approved budget expenditures, and subcontracts.
- Processes and tracks expenditures of the project/program against budget
- Drafts, and monitors contracts for collaborators and services. Provide logistical coordination of project activities.
- Maintains project reports and deliverables
- Prepares travel expense and field reports, and internal project/program financial reports
- Processes requests for collaborator fees and expenses
- Monitors and assures timely submission of reports and technical deliverables to donors
- Monitors collaborator deliverables
- Drafts routine administrative correspondence. Edit and/or transcribe reports, manuscripts, proposals and other documents as needed.
- Makes travel, hotel and office arrangement for visitors, assists in coordinating visa applications, requests for itineraries, issuance of air and/or train tickets, cash advances/honoraria. Coordinate with Travel Office and Accounting for processing travel requests.
- Makes travel arrangement for staff
- Maintains calendars and provides logistical support for visitors (including office/hotel reservations, office keys, access to IFPRI facilities.
- Schedules appointments, meetings and other events, including conferences, lunches, brown bag seminars, presentation requirements, teleconferences, and catering
- Prepares/tapes/transcribes minutes of meetings
- Perform duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in monitoring budget process, reviewing accounting transactions, developing financial projections and reports.
- Demonstrated experience providing logistical coordination for complex overseas projects, encompassing multiple sub-contracts (for sub-grantees)
- Demonstrated experience in handling confidential matters
- Solid composition, grammar and proof reading skills, with the ability to compose correspondence and reports; excellent written and oral English communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint); word processing & spreadsheet programs required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort in working with multiple program managers simultaneously.Ability to prioritize and coordinate tasks within a multicultural team environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to multiple individual work
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and follow through to closure.
- Ability to work with overseas partners in a multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with IFPRI’s operational systems (finance, accounting, etc.) and the CGIAR system is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in a second language of the U.N. system.