The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Program Manager for the Poverty, Health and Nutrition Division. Working in close collaboration with senior researchers from the Poverty, Health and Nutrition Division at IFPRI’s New Delhi office and at IFPRI’s Washington, D.C. office, the Program Manager will support two research studies (one related to nutrition-integrated health service delivery and another on adolescent health and nutrition) carried out as part of the Suaahara-II project in Nepal. The operations research component of Suaahara-II, which is a five-year USAID-funded project managed by HKI, is led by IFPRI.
This position is a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment, based at IFPRI’s regional office in New Delhi, India with extensive travel to Nepal.
- Lead coordination and communication between IFPRI research team and HKI/SII teams
- Work closely with HKI/SII teams during the intervention development phases for the two research studies:
- Review impact pathways of interventions and detailed implementation plans prepared by HKI/SII teams and provide support to update plans as interventions are developed
- Coordinate effective and timely implementation of all aspects of the research studies
- Lead coordination and communication between IFPRI team and data collection firms
- Monitor and support various rounds/types of data collection and conduct quality checks
- Track progress of the research studies and report to IFPRI team on monthly and quarterly basis
- Support data analysis of survey data sets
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare presentation and presentation materials
- Support IFPRI research team in report writing
- Liaise between IFPRI and HKI/SII teams to maintain effective communication and partnership
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or equivalent advanced degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, Public Health, Nutrition, or related fields with three (3) years of relevant work experience conducting or managing health or nutrition research projects following the degree
- Knowledge of program management skills: demonstrated experience in successfully coordinating multiple research activities and managing deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in interacting and communicating with various stakeholders (donors, governments, non-governmental organizations and research organizations) and diverse audiences
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Nepali; good written skills in English are crucial
- Excellent computer skills and experience using statistical software packages, especially Stata
- Ability to work independently and within division guidelines and work practices, to assure that work is performed within defined operational and financial constraints, and pay close attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, high energy, ability to multi-task and work well with people
- Ability to resolve problems within defined practices to select and apply the appropriate method or technique.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Nepal, including to rural areas, and internationally
- Prior field-based experience with research-related data collection, especially surveys
- Experience working with international and national researchers
- Prior work experience with research organizations in Nepal
- Knowledge of major health and nutrition programs in Nepal