|Job Title:||Associate Research Fellow / Research Fellow||Department:||DSGD|
|Location:||Lilongwe, Malawi||Appointment Duration:||2 Year|
|Job Code:||17-144||Position Type:||Renewable|
|Recruitment Type:||International||US FLSA Status:||Exempt|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as an Associate Research Fellow (ARF) or Research Fellow (RF) for a two (2) year, fixed term, renewable appointment in its Development Strategy and Governance Division (DSDG). Working within a multidisciplinary research team the ARF/RF will contribute to the IFPRI’s Malawi Strategy Support Program by conducting research and capacity building activities.
The ARF/RF will be expected to lead IFPRI Malawi’s research theme on Strengthening agricultural markets and institutions. S/he will perform various tasks, ranging from analysis of food price and household survey data, designing and implementing tools to monitor price and trade flow data, and modelling of food demand-supply balances and linkages between markets. The ARF/RF will also play a key role in supporting evidence-based policy analysis and communications and contributing to ongoing debates on agricultural trade policy and structured markets in Malawi. This position is based at IFPRI’s Malawi office located in Lilongwe.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
· Conducting microeconomic research through analysis of food prices, household survey data, and secondary agricultural sector statistics using econometric, multi-market modeling and other quantitative techniques.
· Maintaining a high level of research output for publication outlets both within IFPRI, and for peer-reviewed journals within the wider scientific community, on topics of close relevance to the work of DSGD and MaSSP.
· Regularly communicating research outputs via policy seminars, policy briefs, and peer-reviewed publications to a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including researchers, academics, policymakers, and government officials.
· PhD in Agricultural Economics, Economics, or closely related field
· Demonstrated ability to perform research and modeling at both the micro-and macro-levels with minimal supervision
· Capacity to produce quality publications in peer-reviewed journals.
· Expertise in the use of Stata, SAS or other statistical software for the analysis of time-series, cross-sectional and panel data
· Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
· Excellence in written and oral presentations
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural work environment
· Knowledge and experience of working in southern African
· Knowledge and experience of time series and panel data econometrics
· Knowledge and experience of multi-market modeling
· Experience in implementing and analyzing rural household surveys
· Experience with monitoring of food prices and trader surveys
· Knowledge of regional and national agricultural development strategies
· Familiarity with the international agricultural development agenda
· Proficiency in the national language (Chichewa) of Malawi
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied ONLINE to an IFPRI Position, please input your e-mail address and password below to access your existing profile and apply for this position.
If you have technical difficulties and cannot access the online application form or have questions about the form, please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Back to Search Results