|Job Title:||Senior Research Assistant||Department:||DSGD|
|Location:||Washington, DC||Appointment Duration:||1 Year|
|Job Code:||18-107||Position Type:||Renewable|
|Recruitment Type:||Local||US FLSA Status:||Exempt|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
The International Food Policy Research Institute seeks a highly-motivated Senior Research Assistant (SRA) to join the Development Strategy and Governance Division. The SRA will provide research support for quantitative studies on various topics related to public investment, political economy, agricultural transformation, agriculture-nutrition linkages, migration, employment, and gender. The SRA will statistically analyze large and complex cross-sectional and panel datasets, prepare graphics and tables summarizing findings, write up results, prepare presentations, and present results.
This is a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment and is located at IFPRI headquarters in Washington, DC.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform various tasks involving data cleaning and maintenance, coordination of data collection, and data analysis using Stata
• Conduct literature reviews and syntheses
• Assist in the drafting and editing of discussion papers, donors’ reports, blogs, policy notes, project briefs, technical guidance, presentations, etc.
• Participate in knowledge exchanges and remain current on public investment, governance, gender, and agriculture academic literature, policies, and best practice
• Assist in the development of quantitative research methodologies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Economics, Political Economy, Political Science, Public Policy, Agricultural Economics, International Development, Applied Mathematics, or related field or Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Political Economy, Political Science, Public Policy, Agricultural Economics, International Development, Applied Mathematics plus 2 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time
• Ability to multi-task, consistently meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills, including in providing regular updates on progress, proposing next steps, and communicating research findings through oral and written methods
• Demonstrated ability to conduct literature reviews, synthesize research findings, and draft policy briefs and research papers
• Familiarity with data management, processing, and analysis in Stata
• Experience preparing research presentations
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
• Excellent English writing, speaking, and editing skills
• Experience with developing papers and presentations using Latex
• Strong knowledge of and background in public investment, political economy, and gender research in developing and transition countries
• Experience in proposal development
• Willingness to travel internationally
Are you a returning applicant?
If you have previously applied ONLINE to an IFPRI Position, please input your e-mail address and password below to access your existing profile and apply for this position.
If you have technical difficulties and cannot access the online application form or have questions about the form, please send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Back to Search Results