Job Title: Technical Support – Engineer L1/L2/Manager/Director (Data Center Server Hardware)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Noida - Delhi/NCR
Salary: Competitive annual salary
Work Hours: Flexible. The position requires you to work in Evening/Night Shifts
Iron Systems is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join our Customer Service team. You will work to support Iron Systems’ ever-expanding customer base and ensure customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of industry best standards and the willingness to go beyond for our clients.
This position is based at our Fremont facility and reports to the Director of Customer Support.
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances & embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customer have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
- Receive and log support calls. Works with customer to assign initial severity level to the problem and initiates the case resolution workflow
- Perform first level problem determination to identify and isolate failure point including hardware, network, application, training and / or documentation
- Work as part of a high performance support team to ensure that system enhancements and defect corrections work properly and meet the user’s requirements
- Resolve product support questions, issues, and failures
- Maintain strong adherence to Service Level Agreements
- Review and update knowledge base and technical support documentation to reflect current technical information on product
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, adversity and change
- Ability to complete the assignment on schedule
- Support organizational metrics to indicate individual and departmental performance to requirements.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from three-year college or technical school with an emphasis in electronics required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of successful technical support and call center experience required.
- Linux server including command line interface
- Experience in a fast-pace environment, need good time management, solid communication skills, and quick response
- Working knowledge of the Software Life Cycle
- Excellent organizational, and support case management skills
- Strong understanding of Customer Support and Call Center Best Practices
- Hands-on experience providing end-user support in a high availability, mission critical support operation. Managed Services Support experience is a plus
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Ability to interface with external contacts while favorably representing Jibe in the marketplace
- Strong knowledge of standard hardware & software configurations, Storage and Computing preferred
- Successful communicator at all levels using all media, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates skill, knowledge and understanding of company, products, job duties, and appropriate work methods.
- Required to use basic motor skills on a daily basis
- Ability to use a computer
- Capable of training assigned personnel in their defined tasks