Field Service Manager
||Field Service Manager
||Competitive annual salary
IRON Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances & embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customer have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
Iron Systems is looking for a field service manager to join our Customer Service team. You will work to support Iron Systems’ ever-expanding customer base and ensure customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of industry best standards and the willingness to go beyond for our clients.
This position is based at our Fremont facility and reports to the Director of Customer Support.
- Manage Installation of Network equipment/ Storage appliance and Field Support by utilizing Field Engineers.
- Write project scopes, timelines, procedures and all other necessary project documentation from start to finish.
- Define, Identity and Manage freelance resources as required to execute project.
- Coordinate and prioritize project tasks, manage timelines, maintain project plans and communicate status to all involved stakeholders.
- Work with client services teams and partners, to scope, manage and deliver the end-to-end field service solutions.
- Identify risks, assumptions and dependencies at the outset of projects
- Liaise professionally and proactively with clients on project progress
- Bring rigor in process, attention to detail and quality of execution
- Bring best practices in project and program management to help the teams achieve best results.
- Lead successful customer implementations, meeting timelines and budget requirements to ensure project success.
- Ensure that projects are completed within contractual obligations.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction through follow-up, responsiveness and thorough communication.
- Implement and measure KPIs applicable to the projects.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education Experience, Work History & Required Skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and client management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to manage and scope out changes in the project and the impacts from the changes.
- Strong leadership skills to lead a group of individuals assertively.
- Ability to assess, improve and document operational processes, including creation of flowcharts and identifying business improvement plans.
- At least four years of experience with Network Equipment/ Storage installations and Field Support.
- The patience and enthusiasm needed to coordinate effectively with clients, partners and the stakeholders.
- A portfolio with evidence of managing similar projects with responsibility to deliver successfully.
- 5+ years related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Science preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Experience with 1099 workforce management preferred