ALTOUR University. Four Weeks That Can Change Your Life.
Become a part of the exciting travel industry! The ALTOUR University summer internship gives you the opportunity to learn from the inside of one of the largest travel agencies in the world. The four week program combines training on agency reservation systems with an introduction to the vast components of the world of travel. Job shadowing and mentoring afford the opportunity to grow and develop your communication skills.
ALTOUR University. It’s only four weeks…but it can lead to a lifetime of travel.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Four (4) week full time (paid, minimum wage) internship based at ALTOUR Los Angeles, July 8th- August 2nd 2019
- Employment is not guaranteed post training, but all interns are strongly encouraged to apply for positions
- Networking and afterhours events interns choose to participate in are unpaid
- Each student will be requested to work from a personal lap top during office hours
- ALTOUR University is a combination of Sabre GDS training (12 hours per week), mentorship from senior agents (16 hours per week), and events/presentations from various travel industry suppliers (12 hours per week).
- Standard business hours are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday *there will be some off site visits during office hours as well as optional activities outside of standard hours
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Car Insurance Disclaimer: Must have reliable transportation, possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, including continuous proof personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/ or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/ or fingers.
- Typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, interpret documents, and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks.
- Ability to understand the meanings of words and effectively respond, analyze information and write reports, and comprehend complex issues and communicate effectively to diverse groups.
- Job requires employee to preform basic arithmetic accurately and compute rates and percentages.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbally and in writing) as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
ALTOUR is an Equal Opportunity Employer