Information Technology Technician (Winter 2019)
Buller Ski Lifts is currently seeking an Information Technology Technician to join our dynamic IT team over the 2019 winter season. Reporting to the IT Manager, the key focus of the role will be to assist with the support of critical IT systems as well as provide end user support. This includes support of the point of sale system (RTP), Windows 7/10 OS, Microsoft Office, networking hardware, RFID access gates, live webcams, desktop computers, printers, VoIP telephony and more. The role is based at Mount Buller in North East Victoria and whilst the role will initially be for the 2019 winter season, there is the potential for additional work in the lead up to the winter season. For the right candidate, this role also has the potential to lead to a full time position in the future. If you love working with people and technology in a fast paced and fun environment, this could be the opportunity of a lifetime!
- Experience the excitement of living and working in the Alpine environment!
- Lift pass privileges
- Discounts on products and services at Buller Ski Lift operated venues
- Staff accommodation & transport options available
- Provide Level 1 desktop support for deployed hardware (PC’s, printers, copiers) and software (e.g Windows 7/10, MS Office).
- Ensure that IT jobs and inventory are updated in a timely manner using the IT ticketing system.
- Provide support for the RTP point of sale system including computer hardware, EFTPOS pin pads, barcode scanners, printers and other peripherals.
- Provide support for the SKIDATA RFID access gates and mobile hand scanners.
- Provide support for mobile and VoIP telephony solutions.
- Daily monitoring of key IT systems such as webcams, staff internet, SKIDATA gates, HP servers and networking hardware etc…
- Assist with troubleshooting and rectification of networking issues as required.
- Assist with the deployment and setup of any new IT hardware and software as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will ideally possess:
- A genuine passion for technology
- Victorian Certificate of Education or VCAL Certification with specific experience in Information Technology related subjects.
- Previous customer service experience (not necessarily in an IT role).
- Technical troubleshooting skills.
- Desire to live and work in a rural/alpine environment.
- Flexibility – weekend and occasional out of hours support may be required.
- An ability to work well in a team, hit the ground running and build relationships quickly.
- Prior IT industry, ski industry or tourism industry experience is highly desirable but not mandatory.
- A reasonable level of skiing or snowboarding ability is highly desirable.
- Full Victorian driver’s license.
Period of Employment
Nominal Start Date: Ideally ASAP but no later than Monday 20th May
Nominal End Date: Friday 11th October (1 week after season close)