With over 100+ offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
Ready to begin your career in Public Auditing at our dynamic Atlanta office? CBIZ offers a National Training program that is further supported locally with hands on learning. We were recently awarded "Atlanta's Best & Brightest Companies to work for winner 2016". CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
The Audit Associate works as a member of the Client Services group of MHM in providing outstanding service to our valued clients. This position performs many entry level accounting duties and will also work directly with corporate clients, under the supervision of upper level management.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple audit assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Nonprofit, Manufacturing and many more industries
- Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
- Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- CPA eligible and/or desire to obtain certification preferred
- Internship experience in accounting or related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, and have basic knowledge of GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
- Must be able to travel based on client and business need
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.