With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ is seeking an experienced IT professional to fill an Application Developer II position in our Independence, OH office. This associate will perform technical and analytical functions in the development, implementation, and support of applications within the organization.
We are seeking a developer experienced in data integration programming in a Microsoft SQL Server database environment, user interface development, ETL, Data Analysis, and high level application support. Experience with SaaS application implementation and data integration would be ideal. Candidate must be a self-starter with experience working in a developer / support troubleshooting role. Candidate should possess strong communication skills, superior logic skills, problem solving skills, and be comfortable working both independently and as a part of a team.
This position will be part of the Corporate Application Development and Support team, which is responsible for managing a portfolio of applications, while working with the business to provide solutions to complex business problems, create operational efficiencies, automate processes, and provide business intelligence reporting. We have a terrific work environment and also offer the opportunity to work remotely one day per week.
- Develop new or support and enhance existing applications and their related system integrations and analytics.
- Design solutions to solve complex business problems and identity opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and enhance business capabilities.
- Participate in any number of the aspects of a common systems development lifecycle. (Analysis, Requirements, Development, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance)
- Conduct unit testing of system changes and coordinate user acceptance testing with the business test.
- Provide support for existing applications, system integrations, and business processes in a project-based environment.
- Prepare and maintain application and process documentation.
- Participate in the selection process for new third party applications.
- Support, develop, and enhance application ETL processes.
- Manages a workload of project specific and operational support tasks.
- Technical/Functional Competencies
- Application Design and Architecture
- System Development Life Cycle
- Application Maintenance
- Packaged Application Integration
- Data Analysis Skills
- Communications (Verbal & Written)
- Problem Solving and Technical Troubleshooting
- Technical Knowledge:
- Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Microsoft .NET Development(VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#, MVC) Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Team System, Microsoft SQL Server, Service Oriented Architecture, ConceptsData Integration, Microsoft Power BI
- Applications and Platforms
- Management and Workflow Applications
- Time and Billing Applications
- Financials Applications (GL, AP)
- DNN Evoq/ Web Content Management Systems
- SaaS Application Implementation and Management
- Qualifications Required
College Degree or equivalent required
- 3 years related experience
- Ability to lead and coordinate the team activities of others
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Ability to execute and draft technical instructions and guidelines
- Ability to document daily activities and system functions
- Able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to travel as required by business and on-call availability
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.