With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ Employee Services Organization is the employee benefits consulting and HR technology administration division within CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services, Inc. CBIZ provides a full suite of services to organizations seeking quality and cost-efficiency in their operations. Our most broad services focus on benefits, insurance, financial and accounting consulting. Ranked as one of the Top 10 U.S. Benefits Specialist since 2002 (Business Insurance Magazine) and one of America’s Best Employers (Forbes 2015), CBIZ ESO has approximately 1,000 professionals in nearly 40 offices throughout the United States. These professionals serve client organizations in an array of industries by combining their local expertise and presence with the strength and support of national resources.
A CBIZ Employee Benefits Account Manager is responsible for the day to day execution of client services administration for an assigned block of clients. In this important role, the Account Manager is the “face” of CBIZ to our clients, solving complex customer service problems, maintaining data integrity and quality, preparing RFPs and taking the lead on renewals. Account Managers serve as the client’s point of contact for all issues and services related to the account.
Duties for this position include:
- Provide administrative support to an assigned block of clients
- Resolve the most complex customer service problems directly
- Support senior level client services team members
- Day to day contact for client for service needs
- Escalate client concerns when appropriate
- Ability to conduct client meetings as needed
- Maintain data integrity and quality with any applicable software on a timely basis
- Take lead on designated renewals: prepare RFP, collect and review competitive proposals, prepare renewal presentation illustrating market offerings and present the CBIZ recommendation
- Coordinate employee communications for enrollment
- Oversee new client set-up, renewals and open enrollment meetings
- Establish and preserve a solid business rapport with clients and vendors
- Educate clients on applicable legislation and market trends
- Generate client interest in additional lines of coverage and cross serving opportunities
- Coach and assist less tenured client services staff
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications required for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years industry experience in employee benefits and insurance required
- Working knowledge of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Strong communication skills both oral and written with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conduct employee benefit meetings of varying audience size
- Must obtain and preserve required licenses/certifications as required
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.