With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
Primarily responsible for executing the analysis activities required for the business and strategic planning of the company (supporting business units, executives, and other departments within the company). This position is a primary source of financial information, analysis, and advice for the company including preparation of internal financial reporting, analysis of operating results, identification of trends, and explanation of deviations from expectations or operating plan. This includes ownership of information provided or used by the team to ensure that financial information used to make decisions is relevant, complete, and accurate. Participates regularly in cross-functional teams and helps them to make sound business decisions. This role is a business partner to others in the company to help the company succeed to its fullest potential.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Analyze financial results and pull insights out of the data throughout the business cycle. Be a key source for accurate information to aid in decision making throughout the business including senior management & board of directors.
- Design, generate, and communicate financial reporting and exception based information; particularly regarding revenues, margins, & compensation for business units and corporate as a whole.
- Play a central role in the budgeting & forecasting processes for the entire business and to ensure that forecasts and budgets are achievable, accurate, and contribute to company profit and growth objectives.
- Develop and maintain models to support key capital decisions, acquisitions, or other strategic & operational choices to layout relevant decision making information to aid in quality cash oriented decisions.
- Assist in preparing schedules to support CFO driven activity, external SEC quarterly reporting, and key complex reserves at the company tied into periodic close process.
- Ownership of the company’s financial decision support tools, including budgeting/forecasting software, financial reporting tools, and various excel models.
- Identify and manage to resolution various company financial and operational process improvements.
- Provide training, counsel, and technology support to the team on relevant software applications.
- Evaluate and analyze company decisions and make recommendations for profit improvement. Reconcile the actual impact of these decisions to past expectation and provide management narratives of findings.
- Prepare value added monthly management narratives on the financial results (including their meaning, reasons they deviated from expectations, actions required, and future implications) that are adequate for all levels of management. This includes periodic presentation of information to upper management.
- Ad-hoc analysis and special projects as often required, including systems implementations or conversions, company integrations, analysis of M&A targets, and other major process evolution and implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics is required or equivalent work experience in related field
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Must have and preserve required licenses/certifications
- Must possess analytical skills
- Must be able to comprehend, manipulate and interpret statistical data
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing within all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.