With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S., CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ Insurance Services, Inc. is the property & casualty division of CBIZ, and we’re looking for an experienced, dedicated client service professional to join our expanding Programs Division team. The CBIZ Programs Division provides specialty insurance tailor-made for specific industries and other unique coverage needs of business owners.
The Assistant Underwriter will be responsible for evaluating and rating the risk of individual client applications in compliance with the carrier guidelines. The position will work closely with the senior underwriting staff and sales team, and plays a critical role in maintaining overall data integrity and quality.
- Conduct a thorough pre-underwriting review for all new insurance applications
- Evaluate applications to determine risk, underwriting factors and pricing of applicants
- Enter information into database and rate risk
- Obtain and maintain complete knowledge of carrier underwriting guidelines
- Conduct research on the internet
- Conduct policy audits as requested
- Prepare documents and other client service record-keeping
- Support senior underwriter team members
- Function as liaison with sales and service team
- Assist sales and service staff in resolving problems and questions
- Assist in maintaining a solid business rapport with sales team and carrier
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years’ office administrative experience or its equivalent required. Insurance industry experience is a plus.
- Proficient use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Highly developed attention to detail, organization, and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, both internally and externally
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.