With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ Insurance Services, Inc. is the property & casualty insurance division of CBIZ, and we’re looking for an energetic individual with strong clerical and administrative skills to join our expanding Programs Division team.
The CBIZ Programs Division provides specialty insurance tailor-made for specific industries and other unique coverage needs of business owners. Our ideal candidate will be an energetic, detail-oriented professional with a desire to learn, with highly developed client service skills, and a positive attitude to support the growth of our business.
Duties for this position include:
- Assist in the maintenance of client accounts
- Function as administrative liaison with internal and external clients
- Prepare documents and reports for distribution
- Maintain logs and other client service record-keeping
- Escalate client concerns when appropriate
- Maintain data integrity and quality with applicable software on a timely basis
- Assist in maintaining a solid business rapport with clients and vendors
- Support client service team members
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications required for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 - 2 years’ experience as customer service representative, office/administrative assistant or general office admin preferred.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Effective, positive customer relations skills
- Excellent phone communication skills
- Highly developed attention to detail, organization, and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, both internally and externally
- Experienced in Microsoft software: Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional. The ideal candidate will possess advanced Excel skills.
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.