With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
Our CBIZ Savitz office provides a comprehensive service model to help plan sponsors manage the risk and complexities of plan sponsorship. Whether you sponsor a 401(k), 403(b), 457, 401(a), profit sharing plan, money purchase, non-qualified (DB & DC), pension, cash balance, SERP, VEBA, etc., we have an experienced administration, actuarial and advisory team ready to assist.
This position affords an immediate opportunity to apply analytical, problem-solving, communication, and technology skills contributing to the development of solutions to challenging client issues.The Associate will have access to and work under the guidance and mentoring of talented senior level staff and will work independently and on teams to deliver consulting services to a broad and diverse range of defined benefit clients.The Associate will be encouraged to engage in continual learning and development activities with the goal of advancing to higher level positions, and will be supported in pursing progress toward actuarial accreditation through our competitive exam program and policy.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Assist with preparation of the information documents and client presentations
- Interface with clients regarding inquiries related to research and information requests
- Perform analysis using department specific templates
- Maintain and update data on market trends, competitor analysis and other business intelligence
- May lead and complete ad hoc projects as assigned
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another technical related field from an accredited college or university
- 1 year of retirement plan actuarial experience within a consulting and/or insurance company environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Professional, client-focused approach to colleagues and assignments
- Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, set priorities, and complete multiple projects within established deadlines
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.