With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ Retirement Plan Services (CBIZ RPS) is the largest Investment Advisor in the Cleveland, OH area and provides institutional consulting solutions to corporations, public entities, and non-profit organizations. We primarily consult with companies on their 401(k), 403(b), or defined benefit pension plans, specializing in investment management, investment consulting, as well as compliance and design. In total, CBIZ RPS consults on approximately $13 billion in assets, and our clients range from large multinational publicly-traded companies to small businesses.
This position affords an immediate opportunity to apply analytical, problem-solving, communication, and technology skills contributing to the development of solutions to challenging client issues regarding pension plans. The Consultant will have access to and work under the guidance and mentoring of talented senior level staff and will work independently and on teams to deliver consulting services to a broad and diverse range of defined benefit clients. The Consultant will be encouraged to engage in continual learning and development activities with the goal of advancing to higher level positions, and will be supported in pursuing progress toward actuarial accreditation through our competitive exam program and policy.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Perform all aspects of client field work meeting client objectives as defined in scope of services under the direct supervision of senior consultant and above
- Apply area of expertise relative to client engagements and perpetually build knowledge base and thus strengthening area of expertise
- Execute solid analysis, delivering creative and practical solutions for client engagements
- Deliver urgent responses to existing client inquiries
- Attain revenue objectives
- Adhere to engagement budget constraints and complete assigned tasks within the time requested
- Maintain systems proficiency to enhance client services delivery
- Participate in business development activities to include memberships in qualified organizations (alumni associations, chamber of commerce, networking groups, etc.) or regular business contacts with peers capable or eventually capable of referring potential engagements and cross serve opportunities
- Responsible for meeting annual sales goals if applicable to position
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another technical related field from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of retirement plan actuarial experience within a consulting environment
- Working knowledge of ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Professional, client-focused approach to colleagues and assignments
- Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, set priorities, and complete multiple projects within established deadlines
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.