With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZand Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 100 offices and more than 4,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
As the 13th largest accounting provider in Philadelphia, CBIZ MHM of Philadelphia specializes in several financial service areas including accounting, tax & advisory, audit & attest*, litigation support, valuation, credit risk advisory and more.
Firm Culture – For six years in a row, the Philadelphia office has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Philadelphia by the Philadelphia Business Journal. We make a commitment to strengthening the careers of our employees and dedicate our corporate culture in an employee-centric manner.
Office Philanthropy - We support several nonprofit organizations throughout the Southeastern Pennsylvania/Southern New Jersey Region. By participating in these organizations, it sets the standard for all employees at CBIZ MHM to volunteer their time and make a significant contribution to the community. Additionally CBIZ MHM Philadelphia was awarded by the Philadelphia Business Journal as a Corporate Philanthropy Winner in the Large Company Category for its Philanthropic service to the Not-for-Profit community for the past 3 years.
Job Purpose / Objective:
This position reports to the HR Director aligned to the Financial Services and National Practice offices in the Mid-Atlantic. The successful incumbent will work closely with the HR Director to support the business unit objectives, providing services and solutions in a proactive, timely and effective manner.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Resolve a range on internal and external requests
- Address organizational and employee needs through effective execution of processes and programs
- Supports employee engagement and a positive employee relations environment through timely and conscientious responses as well as proactive efforts; responds to employees’ HR related inquires; prepares and delivers responses
- Oversee the compliance of required new hire documents
- Conducts employee onboarding
- Conducts exit interviews
- Interfaces with senior leaders and staff of various business units
- Coordinates and occasionally conducts training for various business units
- Completes HR-related transactions and routes for required approvals; follows through to ensure timely and accurate execution
- Maintains HRIS system
- Interfaces with payroll department and HR Shared Services for timely and accurate outcomes
- Additional responsibilities as assigned, which may include special projects and involvement in business unit initiatives
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience as HR generalist
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to negotiate and solve problems
- Able to work in team environment
- Proficient in applicable technology
- Strong organizational skills, time management and multi-tasking ability and prioritizing
- Ability to travel as required by business needs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.