Are you a seasoned project manager with years of hand-on experience managing full-lifecycle enterprise IT projects? Are you the kind of PM who is always looking for ways to streamline, document, and institutionalize processes to maximize consistency, efficiency, and compliance in project execution? Have you curated a toolbox over the years with the templates, trainings, and checklists you’ve created? Have you found that mentoring junior PMs is the best part of your job?
Computercraft is seeking this perfect candidate who comes to the table with experience working “in the weeds” as a PM, developing tools (e.g., SOPs, policy documents, templates, checklists) and trainings, and mentoring junior PMs throughout the project lifecycle from start-up to closure. The successful candidate will support a well-established Program Management Office (PMO) by mentoring Federal Project Leads who are managing upgrades and improvements to an Oracle-based enterprise financial management system and by supporting all project management governance activities in conformance with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC).
- Mentor and support Project Leads, ensuring compliance with the EPLC
- Design, develop, and maintain tools that support projects (e.g., Work Request Tool, Project Classification Tool, Project Process Agreement, Risk Management, Lessons Learned)
- Provide guidance in the development of project schedules to ensure alignment with governance guidelines
- Analyze project requirements against program requirements to evaluate project governance needs and determine best project delivery methodology
- Conduct ongoing analysis of project performance against project delivery methodologies to improve project delivery standardization, quality, and efficiency
- Analyze project schedules throughout the project lifecycle to identify impacts and concerns and facilitate escalation to Leadership
- Facilitate the Risk Management Program
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders and business owners
- Update assigned program practices to define new or improve existing business processes and governance policies
- Work with Project Leads and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program activity leads to continually assess impacts of projects and O&M activities
- Develop reports and other documents
- Bachelor of science degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing enterprise IT projects
- Project scheduling expertise and expert use of Microsoft Project 2013 and Project Server 2013
- Experience developing and managing resource-loaded integrated project schedules to manage interdependencies
- Experience developing SOPs for project management processes and procedures
- Experience delivering one-on-one training and/or mentoring to junior project managers
- Customer service orientation
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
Other desirable experience:
- PMP certification
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience in an O&M environment
- Experience in a Federal Government environment
Computercraft offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity for a positive work–life balance with a standard 40-hour work week and the chance to work alongside a team of highly accomplished professionals.
Computercraft is an equal opportunity employer.