Are you a change management professional with 3 to 5 years of solid, hands-on experience supporting organizational change management? Are you always looking for ways to streamline, document, and institutionalize processes to maximize consistency and efficiency? Have you curated a toolbox with the templates, trainings, and checklists you’ve created?
Computercraft is seeking an Organizational Change Management Specialist to support a well-established Program Management Office (PMO). The PMO provides governance to a federal Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program that manages upgrades and improvements to an Oracle-based enterprise financial management system. The successful candidate will support internal change management efforts and the development (i.e., writing, revamping) of operational and project management tools and materials, such as SOPs, policy documents, templates, checklists, and trainings, which will help to expand existing infrastructure and mature the organization.
- Update assigned program practices to define new or improve existing business processes and governance policies
- Design, develop, and maintain tools that support project execution (e.g., Work Request Tool, Project Classification Tool, Project Process Agreement, Risk Management, Lessons Learned)
- Design, develop, and deliver training programs to staff on a variety of business and project management subject areas (e.g. Project Scheduling, Communications Skills, Presentation Skills, Scope Management, Risk Management)
- Design, develop, and edit lists and site pages in Microsoft SharePoint to support business processes
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns
- Work to develop and implement corrective actions
- Conduct change readiness assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Conduct ongoing analysis of project performance against project delivery methodologies to improve project delivery standardization, quality, and efficiency
- Facilitate the Risk Management Program
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders and business owners
- Work with Federal Project Leads and O&M program activity leads to continually assess impacts of projects and O&M activities
- Develop reports and other documents
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of organizational changes
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 5 years of experience in organizational change management
- Experience developing SOPs, trainings, and other materials and tools to facilitate project execution
- Customer service orientation
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in SharePoint (2010 or later)
Other desirable experience:
- Familiarity with e-learning authoring tools (Adobe Captivate, Articulate)
- Experience in a Federal Government environment
- Experience supporting enterprise IT projects
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with project scheduling and Microsoft Project 2013
Note that one or two writing samples will be required for viable candidates after the initial screening process.
Computercraft offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, the opportunity for a positive work–life balance with a standard 40-hour work week, and the chance to work alongside a team of highly accomplished professionals.
Computercraft is an equal opportunity employer.