CP&S is seeking an experienced Sales Engineers to work identified regional areas. This position drives product specifications at engineering firms and municipalities within a stage gate system in the assigned region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Regional Sales Manager and Independent Channel Partners to drive specification selling process to progress towards closing projects.
- Manage plan that targets engineering firms and municipalities within the assigned region to educate and present CP&S value proposition.
- Provide leads to the Regional Sales Manager and Channel Partners for key CP&S product offerings.
- Coordinates and co-develops with marketing necessary presentations and sales tools to help establish value propositions that drive specifications at the engineer level.
- Manage key opportunities and contacts in SalesForce to improve our ability to “Target>Specify>Track>Close” projects and build long-term annuity relationships with engineering firms and municipalities. Generates new key accounts / top opportunities to influence and grow CP&S product specifications.
- Analyzes project and firm opportunities through internet and subscription based lead generation tools.
- Assists other departments such as technical services and others within the organization to prepare manuals, technical publications and guide specifications.
- Keep current with market conditions through contact with decision making customers, engineering firms, municipalities and industry influencers. Documents and communicates relevant trends in the region.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Prefer to have an in depth knowledge and experience within the wastewater product specification industry. Must have a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills (both written and oral), innovative and strategic thinker (as well as analytical), and have strong interpersonal skills (strong motivator). This individual must have a strong foundation in relationship building and presentation skills. In addition, this individual must be self-directed and ability to work with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a BA in Engineering, and a P.E. designation
- A minimum 5 years of experience in Industry-Specific Sales or Engineering Experience
- Prior experience working with engineers and municipalities to drive specification sales is a plus