DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining and contract services. As a thriving cutting-edge mining company, our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to them leading technology and an overriding commitment to safe-work practices.
Reporting to the Project Superintendent the Jumbo Operator safely and efficiently operates two boom Jumbo drilling rigs, mine material and install ground support according to quality specifications.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mark up faces in accordance with geological, statutory and survey specification.
- Install all ground support and drill cable bolt hole, incline, decline, drift and mass excavation.
- Work without supervision to lead and complete technical activities for the department and ensure accurate and timely completion of activities.
- Perform all other assigned duties, which may change over the course of the project.
- Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to DMC.
- Demonstrate commitment to the continued improvement of Health, Safety and Environment .
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Underground Common Core 770010 program
Specialty module(s) U0089 (Operate Mechanized Jumbo Drill)
Experience with the M2C Atlas Copco Jumbo and the Tamrock Axera
Minimum of 5 years of experience
Ability to read and understand designed ground support plans
Train the Trainer considered an asset
NOTE: This is not a FIFO posting.
Please apply online and reference the job code .