Leads the Human Resources Team to achieve annual corporate objectives by ensuring successful execution, administration, coordination and evaluation of all human resource functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES: The duties and responsibilities listed below serve as a general outline. Other duties may be assigned or required to support the success of Gopher Sport.
1. Effectively develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for performance that meet the short and long-term health and welfare protection of our Team Members. Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll.
- Ensure all tasks necessary to accomplish 100% payroll accuracy are complete and on time
- Ensure integrity of data stored in the HRIS system
- Effectively audit the HR Analyst’s data input into the HRIS system
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Provides guidance and assistance on various payroll and employee benefit and inquires and resolves issues and/or complaints
- Manage the management incentive program.
- Surveys industry and/or community to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits and ensure Gopher Sport is competitive and offers appropriate benefits.
- Develops, recommends and implements approved, new, or modified plans and employee benefit policies, and supervises administration of existing plans
- Continually improves the payroll / benefit process to reduce time and or cost while maintaining accuracy and controls
- Assist in the selection and negotiation with outside service providers for insurance and other needed benefit or compliance services
2. Provide leadership in the critical area of recruitment by developing the most creative and cost effective ways of generating high quality candidates in the marketplace to Gopher Sport. Work with managers and position supervisors to pursue highly qualified candidates who can best contribute to the success and growth of the company.
- Develop and execute appropriate and effective recruiting strategies to achieve required staffing levels
- Appropriately correspond/source candidates engaging them about opportunities at Gopher Sport
- Interview and refer qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Select and administer appropriate and effective tests and interview techniques to confirm applicants are capable of accomplishing outcomes required by the job they are applying for
- Ensure a timely, efficient, seamless process for the candidates and hiring managers
- Manage records and files to ensure compliance with Affirmative Action requirements
- Ensure all facets of the recruitment process to fill open positions are measured and improved
3. Create and support practical and actionable talent development strategies and implementation plans to ensure that Gopher Sport has the right people capable to achieve the business plan. Manage and support formal and informal performance management and feedback programs.
- Ensure clear outcome-based job descriptions across all departments
- Administer the annual performance review program for all employees
- Provide coaching and feedback to manager/supervisors to insure accuracy of performance ratings companywide
- Provide guidance to supervisors and managers on effective use of appropriate performance management tools
- Support and approve team member performance reviews and development plans
- Analyze and communicate exit interview results
- Manage employee relations situations to reduce legal risk to the organization / investigations
- Meet with business partners proactively to ensure team member development and success
4. Ensure company is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
5. Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Recognition programs
- Satisfaction Survey
- Corporate Training
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Leadership Skills – Support and advocate company core values, set clear performance expectations , providing coaching and constructive feedback and recognition, and conduct timely performance reviews to ensure effective performance (if applicable)
- Communication and Influence – Ability to effectively communicate relevant information. Ability to create a climate of openness where feedback and ideas are shared, and concerns are managed appropriately.
- Promotes healthy Financial Growth - Demonstrate fiscal responsibilities aligning with established business plan. Uses resources efficiently. Monitors progress using key financial metrics and revises plans accordingly.
- Team Member Development – Ability to lead, motivate, and develop others in a team environment. Guide two-way discussions to set performance expectations to assure accountability for agreed-upon results.
- Decision Making – Ability to make timely decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company. Collect and use facts to support decisions. Involve key individuals and consider alternative points of view.
- Planning and Execution - Demonstrated ability to set high standards and execute effective work plans and strategies to respond to ongoing business needs. Delegate as appropriate. Monitor progress using key statistical and operational metrics
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. 4-year college degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
2. 5-years demonstrated success in human resource / leadership position, preferred.
3. SPHR/PHR preferred.
JOB SPECIFIC CHARACTERISTICS:
1.Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and willingness to sign a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement.
2.Strong Human Resources capacity
3.Personal effectiveness, credibility and trustworthiness
4.Demonstrated ethical conduct
5.Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6.Excellent interpersonal skills
7.Excellent planning skills
8.Knowledge of current and changing legislation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch, bend, and ascend/descend stairs. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or perform data entry. Occasional lifting of 10 lbs or less. Use of proper office ergonomics required
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is performed in an indoor office environment, temperature controlled, noise level is usually minimal.
Notes: Management retains the discretion to add or change duties of the position at any time. The incumbent is required to be thoroughly familiar with the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy and Affirmative Action plan and to know and adhere to the company’s Harassment policies to prevent discriminatory action because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin.