- Team Member Title: Director of Development
- Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
- Team: Development
- Team Member Description: Full Time
Lifestyle Communities’ (LC) Development team reinforces the company’s purpose to bring people together to connect by curating environments that promote interaction, encourage engagement, and cultivate meaningful relationships. You’ll join a team dedicated to leading a project through completion from land acquisition and site planning to entitlement, engineering, and architecture and design, while ensuring the project is financially profitable.
The Development team at LC is seeking a talented team member to join us in bringing a community to life by leveraging a structured process to ensure the path from vision to reality is met. In this role, you’ll be responsible for sourcing and origination and closing acquisition for multi-family projects, managing site entitlements, permits, civil engineering and the issuance of land disturbance and site development permits. You’ll also be responsible for multi-family development sites through the entire acquisition process from site identification to final issuance of land disturbance permits.
Make an impact through these primary responsibilities:
- Participates in the identification, feasibility analysis, negotiations and closings of land acquisitions.
- Sources and analyzes the feasibility of potential development sites and evaluates associated development schemes.
- Develops planning for successful development of multi family projects, which would include preliminary financial analysis, pro-forma modeling of new developments, opportunistic investment strategies. and potential public participation.
- Sources acquisition opportunities and conceptual planning.
- Directs activities with attorneys, architects, engineers, and other consultants to plan projects related to public entitlement, site permits, acquisition due diligence and closing activities.
- Works with local citizen groups, governmental bodies, and other interested parties to obtain necessary project permites and entitlements.
Leverage the following experience in pursuit of our collective goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or a related field required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience with demonstrated success of multi-family acquisitions and/or development required.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor and extract the highest potential from supporting personnel and outside vendors and consultants.
- Ability to source, negotiate,and execute public incentives and public financing, debt financing including public and/or TIF financing.
For more about what LC offers, visit our website at www.lifestylecommunities.com.
Lifestyle Communities (LC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, send a message to our HR team at www.lifestylecommunities.com/careers.